Chapter Seventeen

Skylar,

I've been in jail since I was seventeen. I'm nineteen now. We ordered our drinks and food. I don't even know why he left us. He has visited me a lot recently.

"I was wanted for dealing with drugs. I didn't want to be put in jail so I snuck into Canada and from there I flew back to Puerto Rico. I made enough money there to bail myself out. I came back to the US a couple months ago and I turned the money into the police and I was free to go." Dad revealed.

"Did you ever think about what we were going through?" Gina asked. He did leave us for a good cause. It's like there's a gene for dealing with drugs.

"Yes I did. I wanted to contact y'all but I couldn't. I knew if I did the police would find me." He sighed. "I searched you all over the internet. I couldn't find anything on your mom or Jules. I learned that Gina is doing modeling and Skylar was in jail. I decided to visit Skylar once a week." He said.

"Jules is dealing with drugs to pay his debts. He will move in with me in Atlanta and I hope Skylar will too." Gina mentioned. This could be my new start. "I can." I smiled. I hope she knows that I forgive her for not visiting me. I don't think I can forgive my mom.

We talked for a while. "Don't tell your mother and brother that I'm back. I want to make it a surprise." He said. "We won't." I said. Gina and dad exchanged numbers.

We got into Gina's car. "You must be making it big since you have a car like this." I told her. "It was a birthday gift. I've only been modeling for two years." She mentioned. "Ooh. Who's the mystery guy?" I asked.

"...August." She sighed. "Are you happy with him?" She was crying over him for weeks She blamed him for having a miscarriage.

She told me about what happened this morning. "It's good that y'all are taking a break." I agreed.

Gina took me shopping. She brought me a lot of stuff like the iPhone 7 plus. "What happened to my old stuff?" I wondered. "Mom burned some of your stuff. I was able to save some of your favorite tops and jewelry." She told me. I nodded. Mom must really hate me to do that.