Chapter Eighteen

Two months later
August,

Chris and I were at the studio. We are working on a remix together for my song Lonely. Miracle walked in. "What is she doing here?" I asked. Chris shrugged his shoulder.

I got out of the recording booth. "We need to talk." She spoke. I followed her out of the room. "What's up?" I said.

She handed me something. It's a pregnancy test. It's positive. "Aw shit." I handed back the pregnancy test. She better tell me it's not mine or I'm gonna flip.

"It's yours." She said looking at the ground. "Nah that luh baybeh you carrying ain't mine." I protested. "It is." She declared.

"I've gotta get back ta rehearsing so we are gonna talk about this later." I mentioned. "What was that about?" Chris said while I walked in. "She claims that she's pregnant by me." I said. "Damn." "And I don't believe her though."

My phone started ringing. I check the caller ID. It's Gina. "Hello." I immediately picked it up. "Hey. Can we meet some where?" She asked. "Yeah we can." I smiled. "How about we meet at Katy's coffee shop in ten?" "I'a be there." I said. "Ok." She ended the call.

"Who got you smiling?" Chris wondered. "Gina. She wants me to meet somewhere in ten." "Go nigga."

"You sure?" I questioned. "We can finish the rest tomorrow." We did a handshake then I left.

I haven't seen Gina since she put me on hold. I miss her. Let's hope she ain't going ta end things. 

"Hi." I sat down across from her. "Hi." She took a sip of her coffee. "I miss you." I said. "I miss you too." She said.

"I know I should've asked fa your permission ta go ta the club dat night. I shouldn't have had ha give me a lap dance. I promise we didn't fuck." I mentioned.

"You didn't have to ask for my permission." She said. I should tell her what Miracle ass told me today. "Miracle is umm claiming to be pregnant with my baby." Gina started laughing.

"What ya laughing fa?" I don't even get what's funny. "She may be pregnant but it ain't by you. If she was pregnant by you she would've already had the damn baby." She said.

I ain't smart. "Thank god." I sighed. "You've gotta be the only mother for my kids." "Maybe we can start." She said. "Fa real?" I asked. I thought she wanted to wait a bit more till we do it. "Yeah." She nodded her head.