Chapter Ten

Next day
Gina,

I've been calling Jules nonstop. He ain't been picking up his phone. "He still isn't picking up?" Ma walked in the room. "Nope. How long has he been gone?" I asked.

"Today marks the fifth day." She sighed. "We need to call the police?" I said. "Nous ne pouvons pas. Il peut aller en prison pour avoir affaire à des drogues." (We can't. He can go to prison for dealing with drugs.)

I should've thought about that. "Nous ne pouvons pas rester assis et attendre." I said. (We can not sit and wait.) "Ima call Aug and see if he and I can go look for him." I proclaimed. "No." She shouted.

"Ma. I know you don't like Aug but at least consider giving him another chance." I stated. I can be with who I want. She can't control me. "Il n'obtient pas une autre chance de moi." She looked me in the eye. (He does not get another chance from me.) "I've gotta make this call." I walked out of the room.

August,

Callie walked ta me with my ringing phone. "Thanks Callie." I said. I answered the call from BAE ❤. "What's up?" I asked Gina. "Jules is missing. I can use use your help to find him." She stated.

"I'm watching the kids right now so ima have ta wait ta Jamel or Netia comes back." I stated. "Bring them over here. My mawmaw will love to watch them." She resolved. "Aight. I'll be there in ten baybeh." I smiled. "Ok. Bye." She said.

Ma, Travis, and Chandra at work while Netia is out with ha' boyfriend and Jamel's probably fuckin' some broad. I used to be just like him until I met Gina. After she left me I started fuckin' 'round again.

I got the girls ready and we hopped in the car. "What y'all think I should get aunty G fa' ha' birthday?" I asked. I'm going to get ha' her dream cars.

"Jewelry." Kay said. "She likes sweet violets." Chay mentioned. Kay, Chay, and Maya kept giving me suggestions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gina,

We've been searching for two hours. We've got no clue where he is. "Who's the biggest drug dealer in NOLA?" I asked.

"King." He named. "Did you work for him?" I asked. "Yeah. I worked for him throughout highschool." He said. I punched his shoulder.

"Ouch." He said. "How come you never told me?" I said. "I didn't want you ta get hurt." He told me. Me and my family moved here from Texas when I was in seventh grade and Jules was in fifth. The year we moved here is when I met August.

"We're supposed to be honest with each other." "You told me you was pregnant when you was two months." He said. I was scared to tell him. I got pregnant at nineteen. I was in college. I thought being pregnant will ruin the career I wanted.

"Where's King's traphouse?" I questioned. "Near the French Quarters." He answered. "That's where we should check."

Jules in mm.