Chapter 28: Break Out Part 2

Part 2

“And you expect me to follow his plans?” I asked, hesitantly. The plan was so sketchy, and daring. There was no way it would work, it was just all off. 

The man had told me what his plans were. As I thought of the plan, I felt a major piece missing. I just didn’t know what it was.

“Wait,” I said, once the man seemed to be leaving.

The man just looked at me waiting.

“How are you talking to me? Who are you?” I asked, purely out of curiosity.

He gave me the faintest smile ever as he said, “I’m a vampire, like Blaze. Only, certain vampires have different abilities. Mine is to walk through people’s dreams.”

“You mean, that’s possible?” I asked, feeling my jaw drop.

Once again, the man nodded. “If that is all, my lady, I would like to also let you know that you’ll be safe. Just don’t look suspicious.”

My lady? What was up with that?

Before I could respond, I felt the dream vanishing. “What’s happening?” I asked him.

His look of confusion made him frown. “Someone’s trying to wake me up. I am sorry to leave you so quickly. But everything should be set by today. You’ll know when we get there. Farewell, my lady.”

He stepped closer to give me a silver, sharp knife. With that, he bowed. I am not even kidding, he bowed. 

I felt even more confused than ever. I wanted to ask so many questions but the dream vanished, and I woke with a start in my cell.

There was no one around, but I didn’t want to sit here until Blaze got here. I had to do something. Maybe I should make a weapon, I thought to myself.

Groaning, I laid onto my bed to think over this plan. There is no way it could work. In the corner of my eye, I could see a glimmering reflection at the corner of my bed. Picking it up, I realized it was the knife the man had given me. I was able to take it back!

Almost throwing my hands in victory, I hid the knife behind my bra. After waking up, I realized I had a white night gown on. The same one I had seen my mother in when I had that nightmare at my dad’s house. It was the night after the party and my ear had gone deaf for a while after that incident.

I shuddered.

Sighing, I passed the time by thinking more about the plan. It was all so odd, but I kept telling myself that Blaze had it under control.

Wait, since when did I start trusting him?

Rolling my eyes, I could feel myself smiling at the thought of Blaze coming to help me. I had to admit, the guy had some guts. I didn’t know how long time had passed before I felt the familiar tingling through our bond.

God, how I missed that feeling.

I was no longer alone and I would finally be free. But not after I had my fair part in this plan.

There was a loud shout somewhere down the hall and I knew it was time. Standing up, I could see the man who guarded me stumbling over his feet. It seemed like a heavy cloud lifted from him as he looked at me in confusion.

“Where am I?” he muttered, as I called for him.

“Give me the keys!” I said hurriedly. 

I could see Blaze and to my surprise, Vlade. They were both trying to explain to the man that he needed to leave. 

“You’re being manipulated, and you need to leave before they get to you,” Blaze said, handing the keys to Vlade. There were a few other men beside them, who I was guessing were guardians for Vlade since he was apparently important.