Chapter 21: Powers Unsheathed

By the way guys, I changed the actress of Raven. Victoria Veins wasn't able to be replaced for a while but I finally found the right Raven! A picture of her is on the right ----------->

* * * * * * * * * 

Darkness consumed my whole body, automatically giving me the chills. Shivering, I tried to wrap my arms around myself in order to warm me up but I couldn't feel anything. The numb feeling didn't go away as I tumbled deeper into the darkness.

A dark, raspy voice echoed in the distance.

Raven, the voice whispered, yet shouted at the same time.

Suddenly, I felt dizzy before I heard the venom in the voice that called me. Confused and scared, I finally found my balance as I ran away from the voice, focusing on getting the hell out of there. It was no use. It was almost like I was running in circles and the there was a non-stopping road.

Slithering over to me, I heard Raven, come here. The words snaked around me, giving me the familiar sense of fear and anxiety. It was like a balloon in my body. Every little sound caused it to build up until it was about to explode. The name seemed familiar yet so far away. It seemed so close to me, emotionally and I couldn't help but shiver from curiosity.

Unable to get away from the horrid noise, I stopped running and realized that I didn't know anything. Everything seemed like it was in another world and all I knew at the moment was that my name was Eliza, and I was lacking the ability to remember anything else.

My gut ate away at me, telling me something was wrong and terribly different. It was then I felt the cool fabric of silk against my hand. Trying to look at myself in the darkness, my eyes strained against the vast obscurity of the night. Looking for anything that might be in my surroundings, I couldn't see a single thing but then I glanced up.

It was then that I noticed the unnoticeable stench of death and puke. Gagging in instinct, there was a small hole of light. Scrunching up my eyebrows, I stood under it, seeing just a bit of my flesh before everything around me changes. All of a sudden I was in a tunnel, still under the light but it was much closer. Tilting my head forward, I saw the outline of a wall before I ran towards it. I wasn't dumb but I knew enough to know that I was either in a sewer or underground tunnel. When my hands touched the cold metal rod, I felt my face light up with recognition.

Stepping on the first ring of the ladder, I hoisted myself up and started climbing until I reached the lid of the sewer/gutter. All of a sudden I was blinded with light and felt a cold whip of wind flicker around me. Unlike the pleasant breezes I love to walk in, this wind felt unbinding as if trying to get me back into that small hole.

Stepping out, I cursed slightly as a cloud of dust and dirt circled around me. Small pieces fell into my eyes, letting them sting in the cold sunlight. Looking around me, all I could see was dirt and sunlight. If it wasn't so cold with the wind, then I would think that it was the desert but everything was not normal. For some reason, I didn't feel comfortable in the sunlight and everything on my body was sore.

Glancing down at my wrist something felt weird. Instead of my normal bracelet my mother gave me, there was another bracelet on my wrist. This one seemed more special, more meaningful. Looking down at the thin bracelet, I saw a small key on a silver chain that clasped together lightly. What made me gasp in surprise was that it matched the tattoo on my wrist—which was a chain and lock.

Tracing it with my fingertips, an unknown power surged through me, making me even more confused than I was a few minutes ago. Shuddering, I was going to look for some shelter when I saw a glint in the corner of my eye that caught my attention.