Chapter 33: Late Nights

After the quick meeting with Aura, we had planned out the venue (plus, it was already booked!) and had texts sent out. All we had to do was pitch in some money to pay for the decorum and food, then we’d be all good. 

By the time we had finished talking about everything, Aura looked worn out. She was tired from planning all of this, most likely. Plus, mid-terms were coming soon. We all needed more sleep, it seemed.

Now, I was in my room, glancing at the clock ticking away. 

And it was not because I was excited at seeing Blaze tonight!

Okay… maybe that was why I keep fidgeting. 

Muttering under my breath, I looked to see that it was 7:52. My hair was braided to the side neatly—that’s new for me—and I had left my make up on from earlier. Even though I had a t-shirt and jeans on, I felt way underdressed.

Well, I felt like that all the time around Blaze.

Damn him and his ability to look sexy all the time!

Blowing my bangs away from my face, I checked to make sure I looked somewhat presentable and headed out of the dorm building towards the forest. Why I even care about my appearance, don't ask me because I have no clue why I am even trying.

By the time I was in the usual clearing for our meetings, I was out of breath and my cheeks were beyond flushed. Geez, I really needed to control these feelings or I’ll never be able to talk to Blaze normally again.

“I guess I really didn’t need to drag you out, did I?” Blaze asked, a shoulder leaning against a nearby tree.

I spun around to see him smirking at me and felt my cheeks burn. I bit back, “It was either that or come here with my pride still intact.”

He just rolled his eyes and pulled out an envelope from his pocket. Crinkling my eyebrows, I asked, “What’s that?”

“A letter from your grandmother,” Blaze said, looking at me cautiously.

Groaning, I took it from him. “How’d you even get this letter?”

Blaze grinned. “She sent it to your mail box. I just thought it’d be nice to deliver your mail straight to you.”

I scowled, looking at the already opened letter. “Bullshit,” I muttered, shooting him one last glare.

Opening up the letter, I noticed that the date it was sent was over a week ago. The letter was folded neatly and had delicate cursive writing on it. It seemed to take up the whole page and I immediately started reading it.

Dear Raven,

            In case you’ve already forgotten, you have agreed to come to New York with me this winter to pay off the huge debt your father owes me. Now, I know you want to see your father for Christmas—and you will—but you and I have also made an agreement that you’ll only see him for Christmas and then come straight back to New York.

            Now that the summary is over, let me give you some insight on your job here. As you know, I am very wealthy but you probably don’t even know what my job is. Well, I am the CEO of a wealthy business. I am not going to give you any details since I do not have the time for it and you don’t need to know. Anyways, I will explain your job further in person but here are some of the basic skills you will need to have:

-Computer skills

-Ability to keep things confidential

-Writing