Chapter 34: New York City

"So is that the last of, well, everything?" Drake groaned, standing up straight.

I clapped my hands and said, "Yessiree! Thanks Drake, I'm really glad we're friends."

He just stared at me with grin plastered over his face. "Anything for you Raven! It's been great having you here." 

"And you're not just saying that, right?" I asked cautiously. With all of the drama that has been going on recently I wasn't sure about much anymore. It was kind of relaxing to be on the same page with everyone, even if I was about to go away for three and a half months.

Drake's smile didn't falter as he said, "Of course not. You'll be back soon, anyways."

I grinned. "Of course! I'll message you guys but remember to keep me updated on what goes on here."

"No problem. So you already said your farewell's to everyone else?"

The mood escalated drastically. Instead of the carefree grin I usually wore, my face fell enough for Drake to notice. "Yeah, it was a tear fest--including your brother."

Drake laughed. "Drew is a lot more emotional than you'd think. And what about Blaze?"

I bit my lip. Blaze had to come with me but with Drake already suspicious about what was going on, we decided we should just pretend that he was staying out here, and that we'd cut off whatever relationship there was. "He's staying here. We're still going to be in touch but... yeah."

He cocked an eyebrow. "You guys were never going out so I guess it wouldn't be too painful. But seriously Raven, you deserve someone who would make you feel special. Blaze can be a bit of a jerk."

"Believe me, I know," I laughed. "Although I sometimes can be a bitch."

Drake just shook his head. "Seriously, you deserve better. I get a bad feeling about Blaze."

Frowning, I muttered, "Trust me, I know."

"Well I hope we get to see each other for spring break or something," he added helplessly.

"I'll see if my grandmother will let me but I will let you know," I grinned. I was bummed out to be moving away from my friends, but I was also excited. I mean, I was going to New York City!

Drake gave me his infamous bear hugs, leaving me gasping for breath. "You're going to kill me someday," I coughed.

"Hopefully," he laughed. As he left, I felt my phone vibrating.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Get your ass in the car or we'll miss the plane!" Blaze exclaimed, irritated.

Rolling my eyes, I bit back, "If you'd help me get all of my luggage, then maybe we wouldn't be rushing for time!"

"Whatever sweetheart, you know I can't be in the sun."

"Keep sassing me, and I'll tie you up to a pole at noon," I growled.

I could practically hear him smirking as he said, "Didn't know you were a masochist at heart, but it makes sense."

Groaning, I said, "I'll be there in a few."

All of my belongings were packed up and in a moving truck that would be delivered to my grandmother's house. I picked up my purse and backpack as I headed out of the dorm. Looking back, I noticed how small and empty the room looked. Vanessa had given me an awkward goodbye hug, and I just stood there just as awkward.

Shaking my head, I headed down the stairs thinking back to how busy and dramatic my first semester was here. I made so many friends yet I was always somehow by Blaze's side. It was like we were magnets, he was north and I was always south. We were always attracted to each other and we are never both north or south.