Chapter 10: Vampire News

“Raven,” a voice whispered in my ear.

I grumbled and turned away from the soothing voice so I could get more sleep. If that had worked, I would have been happily asleep in my bed but the voice urged on.

“Raven, wake up,” the voice said again.

In my state of mind, I wasn’t able to make out if it was a male or female voice but decided to just ignore it since I was still sleepy. Annoying the crap out of me, I slapped my hand around as if shooing whoever spoke away. With a groan, the voice spoke a little louder yet frustrated as they said, “Raven, we have to go!”

“Go away,” I murmured in my sleep, trying to turn myself away from the stupid voice.

To my frustration, I was stuck wherever I was and couldn’t toss and turn like I usually did. A pair of hands made its way to my waist but slowly lifted something that kept me in place off of me. I felt my lower body feel relaxed when whatever had kept me in place was taken off of me before finally being able to move away from the annoying voice that was trying to wake me up from my blissful sleep.

Beginning to wake up slightly, the pair of hands moved to my shoulders and started shaking my shoulders lightly, “Raven!”

In the background I heard footsteps coming towards me. Coming infront of me, they stopped and there was a discussion between the voice and the voice with the footsteps. The new person that came up had an alluring voice that made me want to wake up. A little while after the voices stopped and I thanked them for leaving me alone.

What finally woke me up was when I was being lifted up into someone’s arms. With a small shriek, I opened my eyes before a hand covered them, instantly making me fall limp in their arms, fast asleep.

******

“Yo Raven! Wake up!” I heard someone shout.

Instantly, I woke up and sat up on my bed. I looked infront of me to see Vincent by the door and Rachel jumping up and down on my bed. Confused, I looked up at her to see a silly smile on her face as she plopped down next to me on the bed.

“What’s up sleepy head?” she asked, looking at me with an excited expression.

Looking around, I noticed I was in my room. That was weird because all I remembered was blacking out when I got on the bus back home after going out to the mall, then the movies, and being tired. With a questioning voice, I asked, “How did I get here?”

Rachel raised and eyebrow and in a voice filled with shock, she asked, “You don’t remember?”

“Remember what?” I questioned, confused.

She rolled her eyes and said, “You don’t remember? That’s surprising because you went super pale from being scared.”

Feeling out of the loop, I asked, “Scared of what?”

She shrugged and answered, “I have no idea. You looked at something then passed out. At first all of us were worried that you had a heart attack or something so we checked if you were breathing right or breathing at all. We found out your breathing was normal so we decided to leave you be. Plus, you seemed very tired so we let you sleep. Then, when we arrived at our bus stop, you wouldn’t wake up. Drake and I tried to wake you up but this amazingly hot guy came up to help you! He had black hair-,”

“Black hair?” I asked with a small voice, my face paling.

Rachel nodded vigorously and said, “Yeah! It swept across his face like an angel styled it for him. Don’t let me get started on his eyes! They were a-,”