Chapter 24

"Is everyone okay?! Samuel, Jeff, Marceline?! C.J?! Ivy?! Bear, where are you?!" Isaac called, after finding himself knee deep in soft dirt. The snow made things worse, he could barely see anyone, and the snow was already sticking to the ground. "Shit, where is everyone," he thought. "Isaac! Over here!" Jeff yelled. "I'm coming Jeff!" Isaac yelled back. He dashed over and saw the car demolished, as the driver's seat door was hanging barely off the jeep, and the front hood was completely crushed. Bear was grabbing their backpacks out of the passenger seat, and Ivy was checking C.J. for any broken bones. "Where's Samuel and... oh shit. Marceline! Where are you?!" Isaac yelled. "I'm over here Isaac!" Samuel called, behind the demolished car. Isaac and the others ran behind the car and found Marceline holding her hand on her forehead. "She wont move her hand, she said something feels weird on her head," Samuel said, digging for band aids in his bag. "Marcy, please remove your hand," Ivy said, kneeling down next to her. "I'm a little shaken up, I hit my head on the side of the window in the back. I've got a splitting headache," Marceline explained, wiping a faint tear from her left eye. "Marceline please, remove your hand," Bear said, resting one of his hands on her right shoulder. She nodded and removed her left hand.

 "Oh god," Jeff said, standing in shock with his hands covering his mouth. "What is it?" Marceline asked, looking up at Jeff concerned. "You have a piece of glass in your forehead, but don't worry, it's not that deep in your head," Isaac explained, trying to get it out. "Dude what if you hurt her?" Jeff asked, pulling Isaac's hand away from the glass. "I'm trying to help Jeffery, she could pass out from blood loss," Isaac said, leaning closer to Marceline. "Let me do it, I found a pocket knife in my bag," Samuel said. Isaac shook his head, "How do you get a piece of glass out of someone's head with a pocket knife?" "I won't, I've had to take glass out of my arm before because I'd fallen out of a window when I was five. My dad taught me," Samuel said. "Fine,but if you hurt her I'll dick you. As in I'll beat you up," Jeff said, keeping an eye on Samuel. "I know what it means to dick someone Jeff, so don't get too worked up. She'll be fine. Plus, would I hurt a girl?" Samuel said, taking his pocket knife out of his back pocket. Jeff rolled his eyes, as Samuel pulled the glass out of Marceline's head. "See, it was only in your head by a centimeter, it didn't hurt did it?" Samuel asked, setting the small piece of glass down. Marceline shook her head, "No, but, Samuel I'm scared." "What's up Marceline?" C.J. asked. "Look out on the street, I see a jeep headed our way," she explained, as she turned her head to the long , ice covered road. Jeff looked out in the street and ran behind the car. "Jeff, what's wrong with you?" Ivy asked. "That's the same jeep that the guy at the mall had, I see him in the front window," Jeff whispered. "Everyone head for the trees, and stay crouched," Bear said, as he began to make his way up to the hillside. They all followed, none of them heard the jeep pull up behind them. The wind was what was so loud.

"We're almost there guys!" Isaac whispered. Samuel was a little behind, but he was moving faster at the sight of the trees. Then everyone in front of him froze, "Samuel... don't.... move," Isaac whispered, guarding C.J. and Ivy with his left arm. "Why?" Samuel whispered back. Marceline looked up and fell back, staring in fear at the figure standing over Samuel. "Marceline, what's the matter?" Samuel asked. Before she could respond, Samuel turned around and became face to face with a tall figure holding a pistol, it was aimed right at Samuel's head. Samuel felt tears of fear forming in his eyes. "Don't be a cry baby, Samuel Webb," the figure said. "W-who are you?" Samuel asked, with a tremble in his voice. "Wait a minute, if it's you Michael, then you'll fucking pay for what you did to my family!" Samuel yelled. "No need to get carried away here Samuel, I'm just a friend of Michael Rose. And you know what I'm here to do?" the figure said in a deep voice. Samuel nodded, "To kill me huh?" "No, he needs you alive," the figure said. "What for? To torturer me with bad memories?" Samuel said, yelling this time. "Relax kid, you have something that he wants, a secret I should say. Now come with me, and I'll leave you peacefully-" "I don't think so, mother fucker!" Bear yelled, holding a twelve inch switch blade in his hand. "Oh, and who's this? Your new dad Samuel?" the figure asked. "Do I look that old?!" Bear asked, opening the blade. "A little," the figure said in reply. "Come into the light, before I shank you!" Bear yelled. The figure stepped into the light, reveling a tall, buff man. He had bleached hair, a hockey mask covering his face, and wore a large army jacket and black jeans with old shoes. "Holy shit," Jeff said out of silence.