Chapter 18

Isaac ran back to the motel room and swung open the door, waking up Marceline and making C.J. fall on the floor in a panic. Then the door slammed behind him and it scared the living soul out of Jeff once he barely opened his eyes. "Isaac what's up?" Samuel asked half awake. "Guys you won't believe what happened this morning!" Isaac began. "What happened for you to be so excited?" Marceline asked, slowly sitting up on the bed. Isaac jumped onto the bed that Jeff and C.J. were sleeping in and continued, "I met a girl that coul-" "Let me stop you right there Isaac," Jeff interrupted. "You met a girl? Wow, why am I not surprised?" "Let me finish Jeffrey, she could get us a job so we can at least make some money," Isaac said glaring at Jeff. Jeff rolled his eyes and looked at Marceline who was about to fall asleep again. "Hey Marceline? Have you found out what happened last night with the shower?" Jeff asked. Marceline opened her eyes barely and said in a dreary voice, "I don't know Jeff, I was asleep by at least nine o'clock last night." "Well the shower is clogged," Jeff began. "Samuel had to learn that the hard way." "Oh shit, sorry man," Isaac said. "It's fine, does anyone hate roaches, especially dead ones?" Samuel asked. They all shook their heads, "Nope," C.J. said out of the silence. "Okay good, because I killed like five roaches in the shower with my shoe," Samuel said. Marceline gagged, "Okay then, I'll clean the shower drain then."

"Look guys, this girl knows the manager. Well he's kinda her dad so she could get us a job and clean clothes," Isaac said. C.J. thought for a minute, "Does that mean we get money? German money?" "I guess so C.J. But we can use it a lot since we're still in Germany," Marceline said, putting her shoes on, which were covered in mud. "So... do we just trust Isaac?" Samuel asked. "Yeah, look Sam I've known Isaac since the third grade. We can trust 'em," Marceline said, sitting on the bed. "Well then, lets find the girl and get a job. Because C.J. smells like a big ass potato chip," Jeff said, handing C.J. a small thing of deodorant. "Uh Jeff, where did yo-" Samuel began. "None of your business," Jeff interrupted.

The group of rouges followed Isaac to the lobby of the motel, where he saw Ivy standing at the door drinking a bottle of Sprite. "Hey Ivy!" Isaac called. "Oh hey Isaac, these your friends?" Ivy said, walking towards them. "Yup," Jeff said. "So, should we introduce ourselves or?" C.J. asked, tugging at Samuel's sweatshirt sleeve. Samuel nodded, "Yeah, might be wise." "So, what are your names?" Ivy asked, setting her Sprite bottle on the ground next to her feet. "Well, uh I'm Marceline. And the kid in the red hoodie is Jeff, C.J. is the boy in the baseball hat, Samuel has the curly hair, and you already met Isaac," Marceline said. Ivy nodded, "K, well I'm Ivy. And if you don't like cigarette smoke, I suggest that you hold your nose. Because I smoke so... yeah." "We don't care," Jeff said, putting his hands in the pocket of his hoodie. "K then, well follow me to the laundry room. And if anyone asks, you're with me," Ivy said, motioning for them to follow her.

The lobby looked a lot more friendly in the daylight. The red brick walls were painted to be vintage-looking. The floor was a bright amber color and the windows were huge, and they looked like a chapel window. Bear was sitting in the front desk, checking in a couple. Ivy waved and motioned for Bear to follow her. "Hey kiddo," he said. "Hey Bear, do you know where the laundry room is again? I forgot," Ivy said looking around the hallways. "Yeah, it's right down the left hallway before the bathrooms," he said, walking back to the front desk. "Sweet, follow me guys," Ivy motioned for them to walk down the left hallway, which was longer than they expected. "This place is neat in the day," C.J. said, looking at the hallway walls. "You mean "during", right?" Marceline said, looking down at him. C.J. shrugged, "Sure, whatever." "C.J., once we get back to America, we're getting you to a decent school district. And hopefully a nice home," Samuel said, putting his hands in his pockets. "Samuel, what happened to your cheek?" Isaac asked. "What? the cut or the bruise?" Samuel asked, feeling around his cheeks. "Both I guess," Isaac said.

"Well, I fell onto a thorn bush trying to escape from the police a few months back, that's how I got the scar across my nose. Then I hit my head hard on a rock when I almost drowned in a creek last month, the bruise is still there somehow. And the huge cut on my right cheek is from the barn, a rusted scythe cut me. But I was able to clean it up. The bad thing is that it's still there after weeks."

"I wonder why your scars are still there?"

"I don't know man, I guess they just... stay?"

Marceline felt weird, like she was about to fall asleep or faint. "Hey guys... I don't feel to well," she said, covering her eyes, seeing as her vision was getting blurry. "What's wrong Marcy?"Isaac asked, grabbing her shoulders to help her stand up straight. "I think it's because you guys haven't eaten, or that she's probably dehydrated," Ivy said, feeling Marceline forehead. "Does anyone have water? Because I feel kinda dizzy myself," Samuel asked, sitting down. "Let me get Bear, okay?" Ivy said, running down the hallway to the lobby. Samuel crawled over to Marceline and Jeff and sat next to them. "Guys, what if we don't get out of here?" Samuel asked, leaning against the wall. Marceline shrugged, "I don't know, but I hope that we get out of Germany at least. Because I can't wear my clothes in the heat." "Then take your hoodie off, problem solved!" C.J. yelled, sitting down. "I can't dude, I only have on a bra. Plus I'm the only girl right now, next to Ivy," Marceline said, lying on her back to try and get air. "You want my shirt?" Samuel asked, "I have an extra short sleeved one in my bag."  "Dude. Fuck. No," Marceline said. "Sorry man, but I'm fine. I can roll up my sleeves." "What ever happened to your tank top Marcy?" Isaac asked, sitting down. "I don't know, but I lost it back at the juvi camp," Marceline said, staring at the ornate designs on the ceiling.

Ivy came back with water and a mini, battery-operated fan. "Sorry for the wait guys, the vending machine in the back only took euro. Or, European money," she said, giving everyone water and turning on the mini fan. "Thanks Ivy," Marceline said, taking a long swig of water. "No prob Bob," Ivy replied. "Well, maybe we should rest and then get into the laundry room?" Samuel suggested. "Yeah, sounds good," Isaac said, drinking the entire water bottle in under thirty seconds. "Damn Isaac, you must've been thirsty," Jeff said with a smirk. "Dude, shut the fuck up with the dirty jokes," Isaac said, cocking an eyebrow.