Chapter 25

"We are now landing, please buckle up, and thank you for choosing this airline." The pilot's voice rang through the plane. Carefully, so to not wake up Hope, Zayn detached himself from her, knowing she hadn't slept in a few days.

She woke up as soon as his arm left her shoulder. "Was'appenen?" She mumbled, her hair flying in all different directions. Somewhere near the cockpit, Louis burst out laughing.

After glaring at Louis, Zayn looked at Hope again, praying it didn't show on his face what he was thinking.

She's doing the thing with her hair again goddammit he thought. It's too early for this shit. 

"We're landing, babe." Harry yelled from the front. "Buckle in!" And Zayn knows he should be mad at Harry for calling her babe but he's Harry, and Harry is honestly too gay to function, so he lets it slid. This time.

Hope groggily nodded, before wiping her eyes and holding out her arms. "Come." Her voice was raspy. "Warmth."

Zayn laughed and buckled her in, before sinking into her arms.

And even with Niall humming "Hips Don't Lie" in the background, it was perfect.

And fuck, he was whipped on this girl.

"Hope?" He whispered into the hair around her ear.

She mumbled something that sounded like "yeah?" so he continued.

"Promise me you'll come to the Christmas Eve Party?" Ever since One Direction had formed, they always had a Christmas Eve Party. At first, it was an excuse to get away from their families for a day, but then it grew to be much more. They were all so attached to each other, that when they were separated for more than three days, they suffered loss, and needed to see each other again. That and 1 pm group calls was what kept them all connected at times like this.

"Course." She mumbled, before pulling him closer.

He was going to miss her. And her face, and her humor, and her cooking, and the way her voice sounded in the morning, and her giggles and dimples, and all of her in her ways and godamnnit he was Zayn fucking Malik and he was suffering over a girl who hadn't even left him yet. 

As they began to descend, Hope finally woke up. "FUCK!" She yelled, jerking away from Zayn.

"What's wrong?" Liam yelled from across the aisle.

"I HAVE A COLLAB!" She yelled, frantically grabbing a mirror. "And I look like a mess!" She started to run her fingers through her hair.

"You look fine." Zayn smiled at her.

She smiled back. "Thanks babe." She pecked him on his lips.

"You guys. Gross." Niall mumbled.

"Who was the one singing Hips Don't Lie for the last three hours?" Hope shot back.

"That isn't a gross song! That song helped shape the culture and backbone of America!"

"Shut up Niall."

"My hips don't lie, and they say that you're a total pisshead, Zayn."

"Shut up, twat."

Suddenly, they felt a jolt, as the plane landed.

"You are free to leave now, and once again, thank you for choosing this Airline." The speakers blared, as the door opened.

"You're welcome!" Louis quipped, jumping off the stairs, followed by a laughing Niall that could be heard mumbling "funny mofo" under his breath.