34

Hope woke up the next day to a room unfamiliar to her. Instead of her blank, baby blue walls, she was met with white walls. Getting up, she hobbled (hobbled? since when did she hobble?) to the door which led to the bathroom. As she pulled the door open, she realized she was in a hospital. She wondered momentarily why she was in the hospital. Did one of Jay's boy crazy antics backfire, or did she finally annoy her father so bad he put in  a hospital? She sighed as she looked up into the mirror. 

And screamed. 

She had gained almost thirty tattoos overnight, and looked as she had matured at least ten years. She looked older, wiser. When she finally reached her head, she screamed again. Her curly ginger hair that her father had been so obsessed with had been replaced with a shiny, bald head, with a bandage around it. 

Looking down at her own body to make sure the mirror wasn't deceiving her, she slowly took off her hospital gown, and ran her hands over this strange body (lmao). Her cuts had dulled considerately, and the bruise from last night when her dad had gotten a little too mad had healed up completely. 

"Hey babe, I heard you screaming and I just wanted you to know-" A deep voice said, behind her. 

Hope screamed once again, and desperately tried to cover herself with her hospital gown. 

The man, darker coloured and handsome as model, laughed, and winked at her. "It's fine, babe." He smiled at her. "Nothing I haven't seen before." 

Hope gasped. "Who are you?" She asked, as she put on her gown, hastily.

The man blinked. "What?" 

"You heard me. Who are you?" Hope repeated, crossing her arms."

"I'm Zayn." The man mumbled, crestfallen. "Your boyfriend." 

Hope snorted. "Dad would kill me if I had a boyfriend. Plus, I've never seen you before. Oh!" Her eyes widened. "Did you mean to say you were Jay's boyfriend?" She looked at him again. "You look the type." 

Zayn balked. "No, I meant what I said. I'm your boyfriend." He started to pace around the small bathroom. "Liam told me this would happen, but I never believed him." 

"Liam? Who's that? And what did he say was going to happen?" 

Zayn sighed, and stopped in front of her. "What do you remember?" 

Hope shrugged, getting more and more freaked out. "I had just gone to bed."

"How old are you?" 

"Thirteen."

"You're not going to believe this." 

"I've heard lots of weird stuff." Hope snapped. "Once, Jay thought he was Kurt Cobain's cousin." 

Zayn sighed. "So, basically, you lost about ten years of your memory. It's 2014 now, and you're famous for making youtube videos and music. You work for my boyband, as the makeup maker. (lmao idk what its called) And then we kind of fell in love, and your dad shot you in the head." 

"And this is the watered down version?" 

Zayn nodded. 

"Well." Hope sighed. "You sure were right when you called this crazy." 

----

After Hope had been introduced to the rest of Zayn's band (two of them -Harry and Neil- had cried as they hugged her), she sat down on the hospital bed, crying softly. 

"Are you okay?" Zayn said softly, as he came into the room.

Hope shook her head. "This is all insane."