Chapter 17 part 1: Bad Puns

*HOPE*

"This is bad. This is very bad." I said, pacing back and forth, looking at the damage. The front of the car had been hit badly, making it impossible to drive. I groaned and hit one of the still spinning wheels.

"This is bad enough to be declined entry at the junkyard." Louis muttered, elbowing Niall.

"It's so bad, not even Flo from Progressive can fix it." Niall whispered back.

"Not even hipsters think it's pretty."

"Bob the Builder said he couldn't fix it."

"WILL BOTH OF YOU SHUT THE HELL UP!" I yelled, causing them to jump and stop talking. I sighed, and went back to pacing. "Okay, I need ideas. Any idea at this point."

Louis cleared his throat. "We could call someone."

"Oh my god Louis, shut up. That's a stupid idea. Next?"

"We could walk towards that forest four miles from us." Harry said, pointing at the lush woods I hadn't seen. "And take all of our stuff with."

I nodded at him. "Good idea. Alright, everybody go unload the car and make your way over to- NIALL ARE YOU FUCKING RECORDING THIS?!" I yelled, looking at him.

He smiled at me, from behind the expensive camera. "I decided to document the rest of this tour, so when I'm old and wrinkled, I'll remember how red your ears get when you're mad."

I jerked my hand up to my ears, and felt them. Hot. Wonderful. I sighed and looked at Zayn, knowing looking at him would make me feel better. "Can you help me carry stuff?"

"Y-yeah." He stammered, grabbing random bags from the back and handing them to the boys. "Get to carrying lads, we've got a trip to make, and I'm not coming back here to get the stuff we leave behind." I smiled at him despite the problems at hand, and thought about the hug. I had let him in, and for a mere second, I trusted him. It felt nice, like I knew I was going to get through this. But I can't just trust total strangers like that, even if I want them to trust me. I shuddered at the thought of Zayn finding out about me, seeing the real me, and resolved that I would never let him hug me again.

"Hope!" Liam yelled, the boys already walking away. "You coming?"

I shook my head, fighting off my conscious. "Yep!" I yelled, my voice a note higher than usual. I grabbed my three bags and ran to keep up with the boys.

*AN HOUR LATER*

"Damn son!" I yelled, panting as a dragged my suitcases across the plane, keeping in pace with the boys as we reached the brink of the woods. "I underestimated how far away this place was!" I gasped, and sat down on a green tree trunk.

"Uhmmm... Hope?" Harry said, looking at the rest of the boys.

"Yes darling?" I said, my eyes closed as I enjoyed not using my legs.

"You... you're sitting on moss. That's a moss covered tree trunk." Niall and Louis snickered a bit, as I cracked open one of my eyes.

"Sweetie... does it look like I care?" I said slowly.

"Not really."

"I don't. I'm too fricking tired to be caring."

"What about your pants?" Zayn piped up.

"I don't care. Moss isn't a disease. I'll live."

Zayn breathed in sharply. "Wow.most girls I know freak out at moss."

I smiled slyly. "I'm not most girls. Or should I say, mosst girls."

The boys groaned as I curled up in a ball, chuckling, to catch up on some needed sleep.

*TWO HOURS LATER*

I woke up to the sound of laughter. Jerking up, I realized I was surrounded by a kind of fabric, on every side.

"ARUGHHHHHHH!" I screamed, looking around for a way out. "PLEASE GOD, I DON'T WANT TO DIE TODAY!!!"

The laughter stopped, and all of a sudden, one of the walls had a zipper, and it was being unzipped. Zayn's face suddenly appeared, making me feel calmer. Godamnit, I went supposed to trust him. "Hope?" He said, smiling at me.

Those cheekbones...

No. Don't think about his cheekbones. Don't think about his breathtaking smile. Stop. Stop.

A little too late for that...

"Y-yes?" I stuttered, smiling awkwardly.

"We heard you yelling. Bad dream?"

I shook my head. "I just don't know where I am, and I feel like I'm in a Supernatural episode."

He looked at me, eyebrows furrowed, making him look even cuter.

Hope. Stop. Stop it right now.

"Well, you sorta konked out," is konked even a word? "and we need to get some shade, so we set up a few of our emergency tents, NO THANKS TO LOUIS!" He yelled out the tent.

"I WAS BUSY PICKING UP THE BLOODY STICKS YOU ARSE." I heard a voice come from outside.

"WE DON'T EVEN NEED STICKS." Zayn yelled back.

"I'M NOT GOOD AT TENTS, OKAY?!?"

Zayn smiled, his entire face lighting up, the corners of his eyes crinkling, making it impossible to not smile at him. "Idiot. Anyways, we decided we'd camp here tonight after we realized there was no wifi or cell connection, meaning we're cut off from everyone else."

I breathed out slowly. "Great. Seven days in and I've already gotten us stranded."

Zayn shook his head fast. "No, it was the stupid deer. Don't let it get to you sweetie."

I choked on my spit at the mention of the word sweetie, and managed a smile at him. "Well, I guess it's time to start a bonfire, right?"

"I KNEW WE NEEDED THOSE STICKS!" Louis yelled.

---------------------------------------------

THERE ARE TWO PARTS TO THIS CHAPTER, DO NOT KILL ME. Also, when Hope made that pun, I wanted to punch her. -C. A. Reynolds