30

Niall and the rest of the boys were there in record time, the long drive only taking four hours. It was filled with panic, tears, and halfway through, a breakthrough with the Harry-Louis problem.

It had started simply. The boys has loaded into the car, after a brief fight about who would drive (Liam won) and started to drive, as fast as the law would allow. They soon got comfortable, Liam playing his music, Niall tapping away on his phone, and Harry and Louis purposely ignoring each other. After a few hours, Niall finally calmed down, telling the boys to behave before going to sleep. Liam had tuned the boys out, looking immensely worried as he drove and nodded his head to the music.

"I wonder what happened." Harry said after awhile, his voice raspy as if he had just woken up.

"I want to know what happened with Zayn." Louis replied, not taking his eyes of his phone.

Harry nodded. "Yeah. Did you see the lady in the truck?"

"No." Louis shook his head.

Harry snickered. "She literally wore an all purple pant suit."

Louis gasped. "The injustice."

"The rage!"

"The depressing truth." Louis managed to giggle out.

They stopped talking for a few minutes, stealing glances at each other. Finally, they both started to speak at the same time.

"Look, I-"

"Hey I'm really sorry ab-"

Louis recoiled slightly, as Harry blushed. "You go first." Harry said.

Louis sighed, and tried to look anywhere but Harry. "I'm really sorry about, you know, everything. You know I don't think you're a whore."

Harry nodded. "It's cool. I defiantly shouldn'tve brought-en up the gay factor."

Louis snorted. "But you're right. Also, I really am sorry about the hit."

"And I'm sorry about the kiss."

"But are you?"

It was Harry's turn to snort. "Hell nope."

Louis laughed -a sound Harry would never get used to-. "Well if it makes any difference, I enjoyed it."

Harry's head shot up. "Really?"

"Really."

Harry's face was completely red as he looked at Louis. "Would you mind if I did it again?"

"Hell nope."

And that was it, really. They entered their own little love bubble that covered them completely, making them invincible. It was only broken when the car jerked to a stop, and they realized they had arrived at the hospital.

"We're here!" Liam yelled, finally tuning the rest of the boys back into his mind.

NIall sat up quickly, before jumping out of the car, running in, the rest of the boys following him.

As soon as they had gotten Hope's room number, they were bolting to the elevator, trying to get to floor three as soon as possible.

Finally, they stood in front of her door, wondering what to do.

"Do we just go in, or..." Louis trailed off.

Luckily, a doctor came out of her room just then, and answered their questions for them.

"Which one of you is Niall Horan?"

Niall gulped, then raised his hand. "That's me."

The doctor nodded at him. "And these are...?"