28

Finally, it was time to travel to California. As Hope boarded the train, she looked back slowly at the five boys, smiling at Zayn once more, blowing yet another kiss to Harry and Louis, and winking at Niall.

"Harry! Remember to use shampoo! Also, Niall, I am totally telling your bodyguards to stop you if you're riding your goddamned Segway around without your hair already styled. Zayn, you're fucking perfect. Stay that way. Liam I swear to fucking god no more than two Vodka shots a day. You can't hold your liquor for shit. And Louis, I cleaned all of your brushes. I'm sick of seeing your hair everywhere. Stay safe you five." She yelled behind her, before closing the train door.

There were a few minutes of silence as the boys trekked back inside, but it was comfortable. Finally, Niall spoke. "So what do we do now?"

Meanwhile, Hope had already found herself a seat, and was now comfortably playing on her phone and sipping the orange juice drink somebody had handed her.

"We are now moving. Please enjoy this ride on Villa Trains." The speakers blared, before turning on a Sinatra song. Hope sighed in content as she adjusted the jacket Zayn had given her before she left.

She was scheming in her head. Not anything evil, of course, but ways she could tell Zayn something she'd never said without regret.

She was going to have to tell him she loved him.

"I'd say we go out and get a few drinks." Liam answered Niall. "Maybe watch The Avengers. That's always a great bonding experience."

"that sounds-" Zayn started to reply, before he was cut off by his phone ringing. "Wait a sec." He mumbled to the group, before answering and walking away from them.

"Hello, this is Zayn." He mumbled into his phone.

"Zayn! How nice to hear your voice. This is Zach, your publicist." A very feminine voice rang through the phone.

"Hi Zach."

"Hiii. Anyways, I've been talking with a few people today, some of Hope's team and your's. We all agreed this is best for you."

Zayn perked up, and looked back at the boys who were all watching Niall attempt a headstand. "What do you mean?"

"We're putting you on a cleanse."

Zayn jerked back. "Fuck no! I've already starved myself for this band, I am not doing it again."

Zach laughed. "So funny. We mean an actual cleanse! A girlfriend cleanse, if you would like to call it that."

"What do you mean?"

"We're sending a car your way right now. It should be there by the time I finish my sentence." The last word was drowned out by the motet of a truck pulling up. Zayn looked it up and down.

"No."

"No?"

"No, I'm not getting in this death trap."

"Tsk tsk. You say that like you have a choice. May I remind you that I was there when you signed the contract stating that you had to listen to us completely and obey our orders? Now get in the truck. Now."

Zayn looked back at the boys, who were now all looking at him. He sighed, and waved at them before getting into the truck hesitantly.

"Hello Zayn!" a voice chirped. Zayn craned his head to see a woman riding shotgun. "I'm Matilda. Now I'm sure you'll have questions, but first I need your phone." She reached our to grab it, despite Zayn's attempts to keep it out of reach.

"But I need that! Hope will want to hear from me!"

"You and Hope are now officially on break."

Zayn blinked, then looked at her again. "Excuse me?" 

"We've all talked." The lady started. 

"Well I didn't talk." 

"Don't interrupt. We talked about the fact that Hope has become to much of a fixture in your life-"

"She'd better be, she is my fucking girlfriend and all." 

"Which is another thing. It''s absurd that you decided to date the lady who basically babysits you. And she swears too much in her videos. She is not very healthy. She's too famous. Some of her songs are more famous than your's. She's simply too much. So we're tucking you away from the media and the internet for a while. You'll be staying in a cabin that is stacked with food and art  supplies. It'll be nice." 

"WHAT THE FUCK." Zayn screeched, kicking everywhere. "NO. YOU CAN'T DO THIS. I LO- LIKE HOPE TOO MUCH FOR THIS SHIT. LET ME OUT NOW." 

Matilda shook her head. "No."

"We have arrived at your destination!" The train speakers said, waking Hope up from a nightmare. She smiled, and straightened out her dress, knowing whoever Niall had gotten a hold of would be out there to see her and drive her to her hotel. And she was happy, because seriously, how many friends will pay for all of this stuff for you? Only a choice few, and she had gotten lucky when she befriended Niall. With a smile and a deep breath, she left the train, looking for the sign with her name on it. Finally, she found it, and looked up to see

"Dad?"