Mandy Milkovich

As I approach Mandy's house I can see Lip yelling at Mandy. I slow down my running as I draw close to them, I'm confused on what to do.

"I'm not gonna let her fuck you over, again Lip, or have you forgotten?!" She yells at him.

"No, Mandy, I haven't. But it's my god damn choice!" He yells at her, he see's me coming closer.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Mandy yells as she turns around and looks at me.

"It doesn't matter, Mandy. You should mind your own fucking business for once and leave her alone, she's stay at my house with my family where she's welcome!" He yells, "it's not your place to tel her whether to come or go. I want her here. I need her here!" He yells. "She was there for me! She's always there for me!" He yells.

"Until she's not." Mandy scoffs, "and i'm fucking left to pick up your pieces!"

"Do you even know why she left?!" He yells, "no! Mandy! You don't fucking know anything! I hurt her, I was the one who made her leave, I fucked up!" He yells, pointing at himself in chest, his voice has never been so loud echoing through my head and the streets.

He looks at me and his face begins to soften and not be as tense.

"I'm sorry Mandy," his voice is lowered now, "I'm sorry it isn't you but I have a second chance with Charlotte, One I thought I would never have." He looks at me again as I'm resting on the fence a few metres away. I'm beginning to feel the cold as the sun is setting. 

"Just stay away from me, Okay Mandy? Stay away from me and most importantly, Char. Just stay away, please." He says.

As he walks towards me and puts his hand out to hold mine, Mandy runs inside. We're about 10 houses down, when we hear yelling but we ignore it.

All of a sudden Lip is ripped from the grip of my hand and the two other milkovich brothers are laying into him and before I can even do anything I see blood splatter all over the pavement from lips mouth and nose by a guess.

I am screaming and pushing the brothers off of Lip and trying my best to help Lip. As one of the brothers fists hit my face, accidentally I guess because they're fucked but they would never hit a girl.

My head goes flying back and I stumble and land next to Lip. His eyes reach mine but he's to injured to move, tears are rolling down my face and my lip is busted and my cheek spilt. Everything's in slow motion. I have my own blood and Lip's blood all over me.

I hear Mickey run over and tell them that it's enough. As they run back to the house, Mickey helps me up.

"Are you alright?" He says.

I nod, "you guys should head inside. I'm gonna call an ambulance." I say, going to dial on my phone. Mickey places his hand over my screen. I hear sirens.

"Already done." He says, Lip groans and coughs up blood and I kneel beside him, I place my shaky hand on my his cheek as I realise this is my fault.

"I'm sorry" I sob as the ambulance pulls up. "I'm so..." I say.

"Don't." He spits out, he slowly brings his hand up to my cheek, rubbing his thumb over my lip. "Hey," he says as my tears fall more and the ambulance officers race over with a bed and a first aid kit. "I love you."

I smile and blink away some tears, "I love you too."

...
Hours pass since I've gotten to the hospital and I've called Fiona and let her know what's happened.

Every nurse that rushes past smiles softly at me as I wait in the waiting room.

"Parent of Phillip Gallagher?" A doctor yells.

I step up, "they're not here, but I um,"

The doctor smiles at me, "girlfriend?" He says.

I nod.

"I'm not technically allowed to let you in yet, if you're not family," he says, "but, you've been here since he arrived."

"Is he going to be okay?"

He nods, "bruised and battered, a broke rib or two but yes, he is going to be okay. He will be released in a couple of hours once we think he's stable enough." He smiles softly, "you can see him though."

"Thank you so much." I say, as he leads me to the room.

Lip has a black eye, cuts all on his cheeks, bruises every where with dried blood covering most of his face.

He slightly smiles at me as I walk in, the sight of him brings tears to my eyes.

"Hey, hey, hey," he says as I sit next to him, my hand still shaking as he reaches out for it. "I'm okay. I'm going to be okay, it's not your fault." He knows exactly what I am thinking.

"I'm really sorry." I blubber out.

"Hey, come here," he says, making room on his bed. He swipes my hair from my face, making me look at him. "It wasn't you."

I nod and wipe my tears as he uses his hand to bring my head to his and give me a kiss.

"As long as you're okay," he says as he rests my head on his chest, so he can still look at me. He runs his finger over the cut on my bruised cheek and over my cut lip. "You should of never been hurt."

"I'm okay." I say, "Worry about getting yourself better, please." I slightly smile at him.

"I'll be okay, as long as you're here." He says.

I nod, "Always."

But those are the famous last words, aren't they?