Fights and Train Rides

I awake to the blanket being ripped off of me.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." I hear someone say from the end of the bed.

My eyes crack open and it's Mandy.

Lip sits up as I grab a sheet and wrap myself up in it. I was in my bra and underwear still.

It's quiet for a few moments.

"You're not gonna say anything? Either of you?" She says again, looking between us both. "When were you going to tell me she was back?" Mandy said, glancing between me and Lip.

"Okay, she has a name." I speak up, "and to be honest, it's none of of your business when and if I come back?" 

"It is my business, when I find you in bed with my boyfriend, slut." She spits,

I raise my hands and eyebrows sarcastically to say okay, you win, I look at Lip as I stand up and I take the sheet and walk out of the room.

I walk into the boys room and chuck a shirt of lips over my head before ditching the sheet and putting my hair in a pony tail.

I hear Lip and Mandy yelling at each other. I grab Liam from his crib.

"Good morning lil buddy." I say as he smiles at me. "What do you want for breakfast? Toast? Stale cereal?" I smile and laugh at him.

I walk downstairs and Debbie and Carl are already eating breakfast.

"Morning guys," I smile, "I'll give you guys some money for lunch?"

They both nod and I go to my wallet and grab them $10 each.

"Keep the change guys." I smile. "I'll see you both after school." I say, as they hug me and walk out the door.

I still have Liam on my hip as I'm cooking some food for us both, scrambled eggs on toast.

Lip comes running down the stairs, Mandy running down behind him, still yelling.

He looks at me and I know he is about to crack. I give him a slightly smile.

I sit Liam done in his high chair and finish making breakfast as Mandy and Lip are still yelling at each other.

And then he cracks.

"Look Mandy!" He yells, "you're acting like we had a conversation that didn't happen. You're not my mother! You're not in control of what I do and what I don't do! And most importantly you're not my girlfriend!" He yells, before throwing stuff at the wall.

I get up from where I am sitting and look at what's happening.

"Fuck you!" Mandy says, before turning around and looking at me. "This is your fault." She says, before she backs out of the house and slams the door.

Lip walks towards me and makes a coffee and I'm still just in a stand still and I look towards Lip.

"I, I, I'm sorry. If me being here is going to cause troubles, I, I can go." I half stutter.

"No." He says, "don't go. I need your help." He says.

"I'll just stay somewhere else, it's okay." I say.