More History

As I arrive home from school, I chuck my bag on the floor and sing out to see if any of the Gallaghers were home.

"Anyone here?" I shout, I hear a groan and look on the couch. "Good morning Frank."

Frank Gallagher was Father of the Gallagher household, not that he ever acted like one, constantly on a high, constantly drunk, constantly running a muck, constantly broke.

"My beloved Charlotte." He smiles as he slowly groans and sits up. "How have you been my wonderful adopted daughter!"

"I don't do I.o.u's, Frank. Especially not with you."

He groans louder as I grab a beer from the fridge and open it, before walking back into the lounge room.

"But." I say, "you're in luck." I sit beside him as he glances at me. I still have money left over from the last week, enough for two bottles of vodka.

"Yes, my love" he smiles, a toothy grin.

"Two oxy, for you getting me two bottles of vodka." I say.

"Deal! Let's go!" He says, jumping from the couch as we walk out the door towards the local shopping centre.

...

Later that night~

Everyone's out the back, Ian, Kev and Lip at the barbecue talking, Carl, Debs and Liam sitting at a table and Fi and Vee smoking on the steps.

I sit between the two women who have been more motherly towards me than my own damn mother. But that lady is a hell of another story.

"Girls." I say, "I got us a lil something." I smile, and glance between them before showing them the two bottles of vodka.

They cheer and hug me, everyone looks over.

"Char bought us a lil something special." Vee says, before holding up the two bottles of vodka.

"Let's save it for a rainy day, huh?" Fiona says, taking them inside as Vee and I agree.

...
Later after dinner, everyone was sitting around the tv, including Steve, Fiona's new boyfriend.

I got up and went to get another beer, putting the old one in the bin. I grabbed a beer and walked out to the back steps to have a smoke. Not that I smoked often. More just when I drank or when I was stressed.

I sat on the step and lit the smoke before cracking open the beer. I hear someone come outside, I guessed it was just Ian.

Before they sat beside me and I glanced and almost drowned in his blue eyes, his shaggy dirty blonde hair was extra wild tonight. I slightly smiled for a second, forgetting everything for a minute before he made a stupid comment.

"How are you affording all this extra shit?" He says, taking the smoke from my mouth before placing it between a his lips.

"Not really any of your business, hey?"

"You're still selling Oxy. I know that." He says.

"Still Phillip, none of your fucking business." I say.

"I just want to make sure you're not... you know." He says, "that'd make you a fucking idiot."

I look at him, and anger starts to bubble within me so I walk away from him and go back inside, this time taking a breather to calm myself in the kitchen at the table.

He comes in and sits across from me.

"Careful Char," he smirks at me, knowing his hit my buttons. "You might turn into a slut your mother, or is it too late?" He says, his words hitting me like poison.

Let me pause right here from a second. You see, my mother has always been a touchy subject. See she was a prostitute. That's how I was conceived. But she was also a junkie and abused me physically, emotionally and mentally until I came to live with Kev three years ago. Calling me my mother is like calling one of the Gallaghers Frank. Just wasn't right and Phillip of all people knew damn right.

He's done it. In a matter of seconds we're both standing and we're chest to chest, everyone's leapt up from the lounge room and is now staring. Wondering what the hell was going on.

"Don't you dare." I say, gritting my teeth.

"You're your mother." He spat back at me, and that was it. I was gone.

I pushed his chest and for once, he let my fist hit his cheek, before he held my arms so I couldn't get him anymore.

"How are you getting this money then Char? From Lucas?" He says,

"Get Fucked!" I yell as I get it of his grip and push him again.

This time Ian stops me and I kick and scream out of his grip until this time, Kev grabs me and in one swift movement, his carrying me out the door.

"What the fuck was that?" Fiona says, running after us out the front.

"Sorry Fi. I have no idea. He, he was just being such a fucking ass. He was just questioning me about how I could afford things and he just made a few comments that just got to me." I breathe heavily, running my fingers through my hair as tears pool in my eyes.

Fiona comes closer and hugs me.

"He called me her, Fiona. He knows, he knows not too."

"I know." She says, as I sob into her chest. "You're not her okay?" She says, thumbing my tears away.

I nod and Vee and Kev take me back to stay at their place.

As I can hear Vee and Kev going at it like animals, I get a call.

"Come out the back." They say, It's The Gallaghers number so I guess it's Ian.

As I head out the back of the Gallaghers place, I see Lip on the stairs.

He raises his hands in defence mode from once.

"I just wanted to say, sorry." He says, breathing in smoke as he stands up to stand infront of me. "I had a fight with Karen and it was a shitty day and I took it out on you. You're not her." He says, "never will be, okay?"

He pulls me into his chest. He hugs me. He hasn't hugged me in years.

The familiar scent washes over me and all my anxieties wash away.

We separate and stand awkwardly for a few seconds.

"Well..." he says, "goodnight."

And he returns back inside.

Did I just see the old Lip Gallagher for five minutes? Or was I still buzzed on beer?