The morning after

It's 10am when I wake and Lip is still asleep as I crawl out of bed and find some of Fiona's shorts to borrow.

I had to work at the Alibi today and had to pick up some more medication to sell.

I slid on a pair of denim high waisted shorts and put my bra on with Lips white V neck shirt I had on and just tied it up at the front and rolled the sleeves.

I walked down stairs and into the kitchen. Fiona and Vee both give me the eye as I walk downstairs.

Everything comes flashing back to me and I remember every conversation from last night.

"I, I can explain?" I say, glancing between the two of them.

"You better sit down and explain." Vee said, handing me a cup of coffee.

I sat across from Fiona and Vee, them both staring me down.

"So?" Vee says,

I clear my throat, "uh, how do I start?"

"Maybe with when did this start?" Fiona said.

"Um, the first time or this time?"

"First time?!" Vee and Fiona both say, shocked.

"Um, well, when we were 12, we used to make out and when we were 14 we uh, we had Sex." I said, scratching my head.

"And then what happened? You two hated each other for years."

I nod, "and then, Lip pissed me off one day and I chose to be with Lucas which made him made and go with Karen." I shuddered at her name.

"Right." Said Vee, "that all makes sense."

"Why complicate things again?" Fiona says,

"I, um, it's uh, it just happened." I said, "I suppose."

I mentally was hoping someone would come downstairs and finish this so I could sneak out.

"How does this just happen?!" Fiona says.

"I, uh," Lip walks down the stairs and this is my opportunity to run.

Lip looks at me puzzled as I grab my bag and run out the back door.

I hear Fiona call after me but I just run to the alibi.

...
I'm serving the regulars at the bar and Kev walks in, giving me a look.

"If you're gonna lecture me Kev. I'm gonna leave." I say, as I wipe down the bench.

"No lectures." He says, raising his hands in defence. "Just here to work with my favourite niece." He smiles as he pours a beer for the regular in front of him.

"Your only niece." I say as I throw the cloth at him.

He laughs at me as he flips the cloth over his shoulder.

A few hours past and it's just Frank and a few others playing pool in the corner.

Frank clears his throat. "I hear you've been boning my son." He says, "good on ya." He raises his beer.

I choose to just ignore him.

"Kev, I'm headed off." I say, "got an assignment due tomorrow."