chapter thirteen

3 months later

a lot has occurred  since the day nash left me in the street in chicago. i only talked to the boys for a couple weeks after that day, and after that no one would respond. i missed them a lot, but they seemed to be moving on with their lives.

but i was seeing them all today. and why was that?

i was invited to join magcon 2 weeks ago. none of the boys knew as far as i was concerned, because they still didn't talk to me once it was official. it was a surprise to them and the fans, i guess.

i went to the room where all of the members were supposed to meet, nervous of what would happen. when i walked in the room, i watched their heads all turn. i saw matt first, his eyes lighting up when he saw me.

"ari!" he ran over and hugged me, and eventually it was a huge group hug.

"hi guys?" i laughed, and then i saw nash. he was still in his seat, his chin in the palm of his hand and elbow on the table. he was staring, and it made me feel like he was judging me.

"hi.." i said to him, trying to snap him out of whatever he was thinking. he shook his head and leaned back into his chair, pulling it forward more.

"is this conversation over?" he asked bart a little rudely.

"well arianna just got here.." he told nash.

"i know, that's why i asked."

damn. ouch.

the boys exchanged glances with each other before looking at nash again. he didn't want me here.

- - -

magcom started in an hour, and i was nervous to say the least. we were in miami, so it was pretty warm regardless of it being october.

"does nash not want me here?" i asked matt. he shrugged.

"i think he does. he talks about you a lot still so that's why everyone was surprised when he acted like that."

"it's been 3 months." i realized as i tried to justify nash's attitude. "he's probably over me by this point."

"i don't think he really gave up." taylor came in, tying his bandana.

i looked down at the promise ring i still wore. i pulled the sleeve of my cardigan over my hands, hiding the ring and looked at the clock. we had only a couple minutes, so we went over to the side where the curtain opened for us to go onto the stage. nash came at the last minute, literally right as we started going on stage. i had to stay behind the curtain until jack j announced i was here. when i walked onto the stage, surprisingly, nash pulled me into a hug. most of the audience said "aw", and i tried to hide my shocked facial expression.

"welcome to magcon, hope you can handle it." nash said to me through the microphone.

"i can handle it," i said back into mine. i looked across the stage at taylor who was smirking at us.

"maybe."

- - -

after magcon was over, i took a few pictures with girls in the lobby.

"didn't you date nash?" a girl asked while pulling her phone out.

"yeah." i replied, taking a picture with a girl who had her phone ready.

"for how long?"

"nearly 7 months," i let her take a picture.

"what happened?" she asked.

"i moved to chicago ." i stated. i didn't mind answering their questions since they were his fans and needed to know.

"how'd you guys meet?" the girl's friend asked.