chapter ten

play >> distance by jack and jack

arianna

i wasn't looking forward to starting school here. in fact, i already regretted this move and i've been here for less than a day.

i went downstairs and poured a bowl of cereal, birds chirping outside. the amount of light in the house was great but it didn't feel like home. i sat at the island on a barstool and looked around the kitchen, trying to find any tiny feature to make me feel like i was home.

one similarity was the cupboards. but that was the only similarity.

i sighed and went back up to my room, falling onto my bed and sighing even louder than i had downstairs.

i wonder what nash is doing.

nash

cam - arianna's going to move on.

taylor- cam....

cam- it's true

shawn- i don't think it is cameron..

aaron- they're strong enough cam. have you not seen the way they talk about each other? 😂

cam - think about it. she's in CHICAGO full of guys better than any one of us. she can forget nash. i mean she did it to me, who else will she do it to?

gilinsky- SHHIIITTT

carter- shit 😂😂

matt - you guys are fucked up..

i scrolled through the messages that the boys had while i had been sleeping. i didn't realize i was tearing up until i couldn't read any more. it was true. now that i think about it, what if she's only with me because she knows she keeps me strong? she seems like she cares but it could be an act. she acted like she cared about cameron while they were together but was with me behind his back. is she with someone behind my back?

thinking about that physically hurt. without thinking, i typed out a message and sent it to ari.

"i'm holding you back."

right away, she responded.

"what are you talking about?"

"you don't need me, you're in chicago."

sent.

arianna

"you don't need me."

"no, no no no no..." iwhispered out loud to myself, the whisper getting louder and louder before it was just a sob, the only word that i could say was "no."

"nash what the hell? you know i need you please don't say this is what i think it is.." i replied. my heart was beating fast, but not for a reason i ever wanted it to. he was leaving me.

"what do you think it is?" the message said.

"please don't leave me.." i replied, knowing how clingy i sounded but i could care less. i needed him and i knew he needed me. we've been through everything together and literally yesterday we planned how this could work. through everything. he even gave me the fucking promise ring. he said he wanted to marry me.

"arianna..."

i threw my phone across the room, pulling my knees into my chest, burying my face into them, holding myself as tightly as i could.

"FUCK!" i shouted out into my empty house. this could not be happening.

there was still hope.