chapter two

nash

could i tell her?

could i tell this person that i met only hours ago everything that's been on my mind the past few months? i couldn't exactly just say "never mind, i'm good!" now.

"well, uh, i've been getting endless hate from people i don't know, people i do know.... things have just been... shitty." i couldn't go into detail, not wanting to say too much yet. what if she couldn't be trusted?

"i actually saw some things... on vine, and twitter." she told me. for the first time, i looked into her eyes. the way the light of the moon was hitting her made her glow, and she literally looked like an angel. maybe she is my angel.

knock it off nash. you just met her. and it isn't her job to take care of you. you're sixteen, take care of yourself.

"yeah, and that isn't even all of it." i said, taking my eyes off of her and looking at the sky. just thinking about everything that people were saying or even thinking about me at this very moment caused me to have a sinking feeling in my chest. i inhaled deeply, not wanting to cry in front of her. it'd probably scare her away to see how emotionally unstable i am.

a tear fell from the corner of my left eye, the sinking feeling growing in my chest. i put my hands into my face, feeling the warmness of the tears that were falling from my eyes going onto my hands.

"nash, are you crying?" arianna asked gently. she sounded completely non-judgemental as she moved closer to me. she wrapped her hands around my wrists and pulled as an attempt to remove my hands from my face, but inpulled back to stop her effort.

"no." i replied, the cracking of my voice giving it away. fuck.

"yes, you are," she answered quietly, and i felt her wrap her arms halfway around me, which already made me feel better.

sometimes all you need is a hug.

arianna

as nash removed his hands from his eyes, i noticed how shiny they were and the streaks that were going down his cheeks. he wrapped his arms around me too, and i knew that he just needed a hug, and someone to be there for him. he didn't deserve to be treated the way he was being treated by complete strangers who don't know him, or his life.

"i'm here, it's okay," i said when he put his face into my hair that was over my shoulder.

"when will it really be okay?" he mumbled into my hair. i felt him shaking, my heart sinking.

"soon."

my phone vibrated in my pocket, and innoticed it was a text message from my mom.

mom: come home, it's late.

nash looked at me, and in that moment i saw straight through him. he looked so vulnerable at this moment, and comparing him to that guy i saw on vine made me want to cry. he seemed so happy but now...

"i have to go home, but if you ever need anything, i'm right down the street and i'm here for you, i promise you." i told him. he put his arms out for a hug and i stood on my toes to wrap my arms around him. he hugged me tightly and then let go.

"thank you."

2 weeks later - nash

"we have like 2 weeks until magcon"

"is it really that soon?"

"yeah!"

the others were all so excited for magcon, and i knew my fans would be able to cheer me up but they had no clue what inwas even going through.

i typed my reply into the group message.

"so excited!"

i looked up, seeing ari walking over to the park. i asked her to meet me here because quite honestly, she's one of the only people who knows how far down i've fell. and now, i trusted her.

"hey," she sat on the swing set beside me and smiled. i grinned.

"let's see who can go the highest the fastest."

"bring it on."

a lot of competitive words were exchanged but we didn't keep track on who really went the highest. i leapt off of the swing and started running, and i heard her gasp and then call after me. i laughed and turned around to see her running after me now.

"nash!" she laughed, breathing heavily. i turned around, grabbed her by the waist and tossed her over my shoulder.

"you're too slow!" i teased her, running down the road. our playtime was short lived because i stopped running when i saw cassie and zach walking in our direction. i set arianna down and my smile faded as we continued walking.

"i thought i was too slow?" she was still laughing, but i kept a completely straight face as zach walked up with that god damn smirk of his.

"hey grier, who's your friend?"

cassie looked at me, and i looked away and at arianna.

"this is arianna." i said, and he looked at her too.

"hi," she had to look up at zach, his height of 6'2" being a foot taller than her.

"nice to meet you, arianna, but why are you with a fuckin' fag like nash?"

"excuse me?" she said, shocked. i tried to avoid his words. i knew fag wasn't a real insult, but it still bruised my ego a little.

"think about it. bye loser, bye arianna."

"bye nash." cassie said quietly, walking off with zach.

"what the hell was that about?" arianna nearly shouted, earning a glance from zach. i shook my head.

"she's my ex." i sighed. we kept going down the streets and turned onto the street we needed to be on to get to our destination.

"that guy is a fucking asshole. if he wasn't that much taller than me, i'd kick his ass."

arianna trying to defend me was cute. it made me feel like she actually cared about me and wasn't just trying to cheer me up.

after we ordered, we stayed inside and sat at a table near the windows.

"i'm going to magcon in 2 weeks," i blurted, and her head shot up from her phone immediately.

"what?!"

"yeah, nashville."

i didn't think she'd care that much, let alone at all.

shawn and cameron had told me they thought arianna was attractive when they noticed i followed her and had a couple vines with her. she knew that, but what she didn't know was that i thought that, too. oh, i really thought that.

she laughed.

"nashville is where you belong," she had a huge smile on her face, and it took me a second to realize what she meant.

nashville.

"ha ha, funny." i replied sarcastically. she laughed, and my heart skipped a beat. i knew i shouldn't fall for her because i had no chance, but i couldn't help it.

arianna

we approached my house and i was about to open my door when i realized nash hadn't left but was just standing there with hands in his pockets, watching me.

"yes?" i asked with a small laugh, and he slowly walked towards me. out bodies were inches apart now and his hand went onto my cheek and down to my chin, pulling my face to his. his lips touched mine and i gently rested my hands on chest as i backed against my front door. i was so caught up that when he pulled away, i opened my eyes to see his looking into mine. with no words, he walked off of my porch and away from my house.

what the fuck just happened?

i mean, i knew i had some sort of feelings for nash, but he can't just kiss me and leave with no explanation. my heart was beating rapidly and i and turned and opened my door, walking upstairs and straight up to my bedroom.