10: Balconies, Tears, & Harry Styles

-Harry-

"Harry Styles and Amber Skywood are the hottest new couple in Hollywood. These two can't seem to get enough of each other! They were seen coming out of a movie theatre in LA and were both caught laughing it up at a nearby steakhouse not much later. Hollywood director, Paulo Glass, got up close and personal with these two as they acted out a scene for a new movie.

"They had real chemistry." Paulo observed. "Amber's always been a fabulous actress and this being Harry's first time; I was quite surprised at his talent, to tell the truth. For a minute there, I almost forgot they were acting."

There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. After the incident at the People Magazine party, we thought these two were nothing but hate. It seems like Harry and Amber went from pulling at each other's hair to falling head over heels-"

I flicker off the TV, sighing as I lean back on the couch.

"Why do you even watch that shit?" Amber asks as she flops down on the couch beside me. She's holding a bag of SunChips, munching on the chips happily. Her blonde hair's pulled back into a ponytail and she's sporting a Beatles t-shirt with her Green Four Leaf Clover pajama pants. It made me think of Niall. I miss the lads loads. I just wanted to be back in my flat with Louis. I wanted to go back to the freedom I had. This apartment with Amber... this wasn't freedom. I can't say I hate Amber. Somehow all that hate and dislike has...disappeared. Amber may feel no different about me, but I definitely no longer hate her. It seems impossible too. Even though sometimes she gets on my last nerve, I find it hard to despise her. Maybe it's just the guilt again. Yeh, that must be it. I feel guilty from everything that went down in grade school. That must be the reason.

I stand up, walking past Amber without giving her a second look.

"Where are you going?" She questions as I hear the sound of her turning the TV back on. All I do is shrug, strolling into the bedroom and towards the balcony. I haven't been out here. It feels nice and relaxing, something I'm in massive need of. I take a seat on the floor, resting my arms on my knees. The wind caresses my face, blowing through my curls. I close my eyes, enjoying the moment. The feeling was surreal. It almost made me think I was back in Holmes Chapel. I've never felt so homesick. With the boys, it felt like home was always with me. But here with Amber? Home's never felt so far away.

"What's up?" Amber's voice startles me. I don't turn my head or open my eyes though. I just stay still, listening as Amber takes a seat beside me.

"Tired, 'is all." I lie, opening my eyes but continuing to stare ahead. Silence drifts between us, making me wonder if Amber was still here or not. To check, I sneak a peek at her. She's staring ahead. By the way her eyebrows were bunched together and her lips were pursed, I knew she was thinking hard. What could she be thinking so hard about?

"You miss home." Amber blurts, breaking out of her thoughts to turn to look at me. A look of surprise falls on my face. How could she possibly know?

"I know how you feel." She continues. "At least you were recently in Holmes Chapel. I haven't been there in almost three years."

Oh, I think. I'd forgotten. She's from Holmes Chapel too. We were neighbors, for god's sake. How can it have possibly slipped my mind?

"I miss my mum." She blurts and I watch her eyes begin to water. "And...and my dad." I furrow my eyebrows, watching her curiously. Being her neighbor for almost three whole years, I don't ever remember seeing a father figure around her. It had always been just her and her mum.  So where's her dad?

"If...you don't mind me asking," I begin to say slowly and cautiously. "Where's you dad?" Amber fiddles with her fingers and I can tell she's struggling to hold back tears. Maybe I shouldn't have asked.