12: Beers, Confession, & Harry Styles

-Harry-

"Why does it have to be a scary movie?" Niall squeaks, taking a step closer to Liam. Liam chuckles and drapes an arm around the Irish boy.

"It's ok, Nialler. You'll live through it." Liam assures him. Niall doesn't look convinced as they both take a seat in front of the brown couch. Zayn was sprawled across the couch, not allowing anyone else to sit down. I was watching Louis put in the Paranormal Activity 2 DVD. I'm not sure if he was just taking his time or if he didn't know how to work the DVD player. Amber, on the other hand, has not bothered to join us.

"Need help with that?" I slide over beside Louis, taking the disc from him and inserting it into the slot. Louis frowns, running a hand through his brown, tousled hair.

"So, that's where you put it in?"

I chuckle, hitting play. "That's what she said."

Louis laughs, high-fiving me. "Good one." Still chuckling, we both scoot back in front of the couch, the remote in Louis' hands.

"Can we make popcorn at least?" Niall asks, still seeming quite uneasy about the movie. It hasn't even started yet and he looks as if he's going to barf. Yet, he still wants food. Typical Niall.

Liam stands up, ruffling Niall's blonde head of hair. "I'll make some. What kind?"

"Kettlecorn!" Niall grins, bouncing up and down excitedly. Liam chuckles, turning away and strolling towards the kitchen. I hear the sound of the trailers beginning to play. I lean against Louis, my mind elsewhere. What's up with Amber? Why hasn't she left her room since we arrived? Is it my fault? Maybe I shouldn't have been too pushy when I offered her help-

"What are you guys watching?"

My head spins around. Amber's awkwardly standing by the stairs, waiting for us to answer. Her blonde hair is tied back in a ponytail and she's sporting a pair of black yoga shorts with a white tank top. I swallow, opening my mouth to answer but Zayn beats me to it.

"Paranormal Activity 2. You're welcome to join."

Amber nods, her face impassive as she walks over, not making eye contact with me, and taking a seat beside Zayn. Ouch, I think. She hates me more than I thought. Guilt surges through me and I look away.

"Welcome, Amber." Louis blurts. "Nice of you to join us. If you get scared, feel free to cuddle with any of us lads." Amber giggles. She giggles. I'm starting to think my ears are playing tricks on me.

"I'll keep that in mind." She says, still giggling.

"Back with the popcorn." Liam appears, two massive bowls of kettlecorn in his hands. "One for Niall," He hands one to Nialler. I swear, Niall's blue eyes light up like a Christmas tree. "And one for the rest of us." Liam's eyes fall on Amber. "Oh, nice of you to join us, Amber." Liam smiles, repeating what Louis had said not long ago. He takes his seat back beside Niall who was already munching on a handful of popcorn.

The trailers end and Louis hits play, the movie quickly starting with a flashback....or flash forward, from the previous movie. I can hear Amber and Zayn whispering in the back, something about the movie. I rest my arms on my knees, trying to concentrate. Louis places his arm around my neck, ruffling my hair. I look at him, raising an eyebrow. He shrugs, flashing me a small, crooked smile.

"I know we're in America," Louis whispers in my ear. "But I'm really craving a beer." I smirk, agreeing with him.

"You're 21, Lou." I point out. "You're legal."

Louis winks. "Which is why I bought just enough Corona for the week." He hops up and I watch as he disappears into the kitchen.

"Where's he going?" Niall questions, a piece of popcorn falling out of his mouth and tumbling to the floor.