30: Planes, Reunions, & Harry Styles

—Harry—

After explaining everything to Paulo, he allowed us to put the movie on hold. Amber and I would be flying to Holmes Chapel for two or three days to see her father and then we'll come back and finish up the movie. I called Paul and he was quick to hook us up with a private jet. I was glad for that because it would be pain to find plane tickets for today.

As I drove through the L.A. streets toward the location of the jet, I couldn't stop sneaking peeks at Amber. She kept drumming her fingers on her thigh, her eyes fixed on the window. Her mind was elsewhere and I could tell she was worried. I mean, I was worried too. Not just about her father, but about her. Reaching over, I take her hand, keeping the other one on the wheel. Lacing our fingers together, I make sure to stay focused on the road. Amber breaks out of her thoughts, turning her head to meet my eyes.

"Stop being a worry wart." I run my thumb over the top of her hand. "It's not healthy." A tiny smile slips onto her lips, but she stays silent.

"I'm here for you. You know that, right?" I tell her, giving her hand a squeeze. She sighs.

"What if he doesn't recognize me?" She mutters. "He only remembers how I looked seven years ago. He might freak out. I don't know."

"He won't freak out." I assure her. "He'll be massively happy to see the beautiful woman you've grown into."

A blush creeps onto her cheek. "Are you using that as an excuse to flirt?"

I chuckle, shaking my head. "I wasn't flirting. I was only stating the truth."

Amber's cheeks redden even more, but she smiles. "I never thought I'd say this." She said. "But you're amazing."

"I try." I wink, returning my attention to the road. The airport was to my right and up ahead was a massive clear area of concrete, the familiar jet waiting for us there. I've been on it with the lads many times. It's what we resorted to when we needed to make it to an interview, photoshoot, or any last minute event.

I find a place to park the car and hop out, making my way around to open Amber's door. She steps out and I wrap an arm around her, letting her lean on me as we walk toward the private jet. Paul is there waiting for us. I greet him cheerfully, handing him the keys to the car.

"Take care." He orders. "Don't do anything stupid."

I chuckle. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Paul smirks. "I just don't need the media spreading more false rumors about you or any of the lads."

"I'll be fine." I promise him. "No worries."

"I'll watch him." Amber speaks up, forcing a smile in Paul's direction. He smiles back gratefully.

"I trust you, Amber." He points a finger at her and she nods.

"You won't regret it." She steps onto the tip of her toes and presses her lips to my cheek. I smile sheepishly, resisting the urge of turning my head and kissing her roughly. Instead, I tighten my arm around her as Paul waves us goodbye, leaving us to climb onto the private jet. Taking her hand, I help her up the steps until we're inside.

"Good afternoon, Ernie." I greet the pilot. He nods his head curtly in reply. I lead Amber toward the back, settling her down in one the seats and taking my own seat beside her.

"Thank you." She murmurs while scooting closer to me and resting het head on my shoulder. I smile to myself, letting my arm snake back around her waist as I held her to me.

"No need to thank me, love."

She yawns, linking her leg over my mine the way Louis often did.

"Go to sleep." I urge her. "You seem knackered."