38: Limos, Premieres, & Harry Styles

—Amber—

Today was the movie premiere. I was set to go alone but, my father had insisted on coming along. Something about how he wanted to be one of the first people to actually see the movie. There was no way I could say no to him.

We were on the plane now. The flight attendant was talking but I wasn't listening. I was busy fidgeting with my fingers and feeling more nervous than I'd ever been when it came to a movie premiere.

"You alright?" Dad asks, his hand falling on my knee. "You seem nervous."

"I am." I admit, leaning my head back on the seat. There was so much I was worrying about; so much that was making me nervous.

"I don't see what there's to worry about." Dad says. "It's just a movie premiere."

"My movie premiere." I correct him. "And there will be paparazzi and TV hosts suffocating me with questions." I close my eyes, fearing the actual moment I'd step on that red carpet.

"Can you not handle them?" Dad throws me a confused look, probably because I have become Hollywood's biggest actresses and I've been to more movie premieres than I can count.

"It's not that I can't handle them." I explain. "It's the questions they'll ask that worry me."

"Like what kind of questions?" Dad furrows his eyebrows.

I heave a sigh. "I don't want to talk about it."

Dad takes my hand, giving it a squeeze. "You don't have to now," He advises. "But I know something's been bothering you since you got home. Whatever it is, you'll have to talk about it sooner or later."

I massage my temples, closing my eyes. "I know."

"Come 'ere." Dad orders, wrapping his around my waist and pulling me closer. My head flops onto his shoulder and I have to restrain from the tears his gesture triggered. There was someone I loved - and still loved- who always used to do the same thing.

To my surprise, I slept the entire plane ride. It was my father who woke me up when we arrived. I waited until everyone exited the plane before getting up and gathering Dad's wheelchair. I quickly help him into it, kindly waving off the flight attendant when she asked if we needed help. I wheel my father down the aisle and off the plane, staying silent the entire time. We didn't have to worry about bringing heavy luggage. I brought a simple carry-on backpack with a change of clothes for my father and I. We were only staying the night and heading back to Cheshire in the morning. I had a movie audition in London tomorrow afternoon.

As I exit the airport, my phone begins to vibrate, signaling that I had a call. I fumble to retrieve it from my pocket, finally able to hit answer and shove it between my ear and shoulder without bothering to look at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"AMBER!" The familiar Irish voice startles me.

"Niall!" I blurt, bringing my father's wheelchair to a stop in front of the limo that was awaiting us.

"Hey!"

"You're coming to the premiere, right?" He asks right away, excitement clear in his voice. I smile.

It feels like forever since I'd seen him. I was eager to see the boys again. But then there was him...

"Well, of course!" I chuckle. "It's my movie." I point out.

"'course." I can almost feel his grin through the phone. "I miss you!"

"I miss you too." I admit.