15: Hangovers, Titanic, & Harry Styles

—Amber—

I was awoken by the sound of someone snoring rather loudly. Peeking through my eyelids, the first thing I see if the sunlight streaming through the open window. I can hear the roaring waves in the distance and the birds singing their morning song. It was an oddly relaxing morning. It's been ages since I'd woken up so relaxed and...happy.

Then my eyes flickered down and I noticed the arm that was wrapped tightly around my waist. I could feel someone's warm breath on the back of my neck and their snores taking over the peaceful sound of the birds. Ever-so-gently, I untangle myself from his arms, turning to look at Harry's sleeping face. He let out yet another snore, this one louder than the rest. His lips were parted slightly and I could still smell last night's alcohol on him. His curly hair was messier than usual, flopping all over his head and face. I reach over and gently remove a few curls off his face, pushing them back to reveal his imperfect skin. Acne was scattered all over his cheeks and forehead, something about it being undeniably cute. I've seen all over the Internet where One Direction fans call Harry perfect. What they didn't know was that he was far from perfect. It's not only his skin, but a lot of the things they don't see. How he drinks without a care in the world. How even though he hates to curse, he'll do it anyways if you push his buttons. How he snores loudly, something I'm witnessing right now. How sensitive he is even though he refuses to show it sometimes. Harry is far from perfect and that's what makes him Harry. I would never ask him to change, even if he was a dick to me many times. Lately I've been seeing him a bit more as a friend. I just don't want it to happen. Us being friends, I mean. I don't want to get hurt again. I don't want the past to repeat itself. That's why I'm trying to distance myself from him, to make sure that hate doesn't fade away. Sadly, hating him is becoming harder and harder to do.

And I still can't forget the fact that he called my beautiful last night. Even though he was drunk, it hadn't left my mind. Could he have maybe meant it?

Suddenly the sound of the microwave downstairs startled me. The house was so quite that it echoed through the house. It meant someone was up. Slowly, I slide off the bed, making sure not wake Harry. Turns out he was heavy sleeper, hung-over or not. I stretch, glancing the clock as I do so. 10:27 am. Not bad, I think. Considering it was quite late last night, I'm surprised I didn't wake up later.

I groggily make my way out of the room, closing the door behind me. As I drag myself down the hall, I can still hear Harry's snores as loud as ever. Did he always snore this loud? I step into the bathroom, pushing the door closed a bit and turning on the sink. I grab my purple toothbrush and squirt a bit of toothpaste on it before shoving it between my lips. I brush all over my teeth, staring at myself in the mirror as I did. Gosh, I looked horrid. The circles around my eyes weren't so dark but it was my hair that startled me. While Harry's looked cute, mine looked like something off a horror movie. It stuck up at odd places, my curls forming a hornet's nest. I was almost afraid to brush through it.

I finish up brushing my teeth, tossing my toothbrush aside and rinsing out my mouth. I never liked the taste of toothpaste. Maybe it was because I've always hated mint. Is that weird? Everyone thought so. Mint gum, mint anything. I couldn't stand it, especially the lingering aftertaste.

I grab my hairbrush which I'd placed into the above cabinet, hesitating before beginning to brush through my hair. It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. It actually untangled easily, my usual blonde curls starting to look more like waves. It didn't matter how much I brushed it, tangled or untangled, my hair remained horrid. Eventually I just gave up and tied it up into a messy bun. I rubbed some lotion over my face and skin before exiting the bathroom, taking my time as I made my way down the stairs. I could still hear Harry's snores. They seemed to be escalating, growing louder and louder. Is that healthy?