33: Cars, Mistakes, & Harry Styles

—Amber—

"Hey." I paced back and forth, my phone pressed to my ear as I left Harry a third message this morning. "I'm sorry I keep calling. I'm just worried. You didn't come back last night." I let out a nervous chuckle. "You probably went home. Um, please call me back when you get this." I hesitate before adding, "I love you" and hanging up.

I sigh, slipping my phone into my pocket and leaving the waiting room. When Harry didn't come back last night, I started to worry. It was silly, really. He probably went home and crashed. It wouldn't surprise me. When he left to meet up with Ed, I quickly assumed they were going someplace that sold alcohol. If that was the case, he must have taken a bus home and is probably hungover right now. But I was still worried. What if I was wrong? What if something happened? What if he's somehow hurt? I shake away the thoughts, navigating my way through the hospital's halls and toward my father's room. Harry and I would be leaving in the afternoon. I had to spend the remainder of my time with my dad.

"Hey, Princess." Dad smiles as I step through the doors, silently closing them behind me. "What's wrong?" He asks right away. Shit, I think. Was I really that readable?

"Nothing." I assure him, taking my seat beside his bed. "How did you sleep?"

"Well." He tells me. "How about you, baby doll?"

I exhale, resting my elbows on the edge of his bed and massaging my temples. "I didn't get any."

Dad frowns. "How come? Are you sick? Are you feel-"

"I'm feeling fine." I cut him off. "I'm just worried."

"Worried?"

I nod. "It's just... Harry didn't come back last night and I know he may have just gone home, but I haven't heard from him..." My voice fades.

Dad takes my hand, giving it a squeeze. "I'm assuming Harry is that boy we were talking about yesterday. Listen, Princess." He begins. "Don't worry over a boy. He'll probably come back with an explanation. Being a man myself, he could also come back with a lie, but I'm guessing that if you truly love him, he's an honest man. Just stop worrying. You're too pretty for that." He places a finger on my chin, tilting my head up to meet his eyes. "In life, you always need to think on the bright side. Everything -good or bad- happens for a reason."

There they are again, I think. Wise words from my father; wise words that I haven't heard in years. Wise words that somehow always managed to get me through any kind of situation. I reach over, wrapping my arms around my dad as best I could.

"I love you." I murmur.

"I love you too, baby." He whispers.

—Harry—

It was the throbbing in my head that awoke me, accompanied by the strong rays of sunlight coming through the windows. I didn't want to get up. In fact, I just wanted to lie here all day. I don't care how uncomfortable and hard this bed was; I'd kill to just stay here.

But I didn't. Rubbing at my eyes, I prop myself up into a sitting position. Where the bloody hell am I? This didn't feel like my bed. It didn't feel like a bed at all. I blink, my vision blurry. If this wasn't a bed, then where am-

My thoughts are cut off by the muffled sound of someone crying. Sitting up straighter, I manage to clear my vision to find that I'm in the backseat of my own car. When did I end up in my car? The last thing I remember was meeting up with Ed at the bar. That was it. I'm not a heavy drinker most of the time. I should have stopped, but I didn't. Now I didn't know what the hell had happened last night or why I was sleeping in the back of my car.