A Month To Live (34)

I wrinkled my nose and shook my head slightly as something tickled my ear. A few seconds later the tickling came back and I batted my hand, hitting something that made an 'ow' noise, too feminine to be Bradley.

I cracked my eyes open in annoyance and spotted Remi leaning over me with a grin.

'Hey,' Remi whispered.

I squinted at her and got blinded by the morning light shining through the slither in the curtains. It felt early still. Too early to be awake on a Sunday.

'What's up?' I asked groggily, leaning up slightly.

It was a difficult task as Bradley currently had his arms in a hold that would put a boa constrictor to shame. I could feel the warmth from his chest seeping into me from where it was pressed snugly against my back. His breath tickled my neck whenever he breathed out. Yep, there better be a damn good reason for me to be awake right now and not passed out asleep in his arms.

'Nothing... hopefully. What happened last night?' she said with a frown as she looked me over. I felt suddenly guilty. I'd pretty much abandoned the family meal and stolen Bradley away too without explanation. I was a total asshole. 'You looked like you were going to faint when I saw you last.'

'I just had a headache,' I mumbled. 'Didn't sleep much the night before. Probably being in the sun all day didn't help.'

'I did come to check on you last night like the amazingly caring friend I am,' she said. 'But you guys were pretty much dead asleep,' she smirked.

'Shut up,' I ordered moodily, untangling my hand from the comforter and trying to ignore her teasing. 'Who pulled the covers up?' I wondered out loud.

'Well it wasn't me so I'm guessing my brother,' Remi said. 'It's too early for me to be awake,' she added before sliding into the far side of the bed and dropping her head onto the pillow with a flump.

The movement seemed to rouse Bradley slightly as he nuzzled his face deeper into the hair at the back of my head and somehow managed to tighten his already iron grasp around me. He made a somewhat satisfied noise and went still again.

'What time is it?' I asked with a yawn, trying to ignore him and his cute ass self. It was an almost impossible task, of course.

'Nearly seven,' she replied, yawning back.

'Why the hell are you awake?' I demanded.

'Suze came in asking if she could borrow some nail polish,' she snorted. 'Then I decided to see if you were awake.'

'I wasn't,' I grumbled.

'What's all the talking about?' Bradley complained from behind me, voice muffled by my hair. He took in a deep breath before making a low noise and loosening his hold slightly to stretch.

'There's a visitor in your bed,' I smirked.

'Too early to talk to Remi,' he yawned before flopping back down and attempting to snuggle into the crook of my neck once more.

I realised then that he liked my hair. I didn't know how I hadn't noticed sooner. Now that I thought about it, he always went out of his way to touch it or stroke it or even pull on it to annoy me. The way he was smelling it right now was a dead giveaway. And he had the nerve to tease me about liking his own hair!

I managed to turn in his grasp and flick him in the middle of his forehead letting out some of my annoyance at his cuteness.

'That's from Remi,' I said.

'Thanks,' he snorted, opening his eyes to squint up at me. 'How's the head?'

'Fine,' I replied shortly. 'It was only a headache.'