A Month To Live (15)

The sound of a door slamming woke me and I let out a noise of annoyance. I lifted my head slightly from my cocoon of warmth and saw light trickling in through the curtains. The TV was off and I was lying on the sofa trapped between the cushions and Bradley.

He must have just dragged us down into a comfier position last night. I vaguely remembered calling him an idiot when I was half asleep but he was so warm and cosy I'd just ended up snuggling into him and passing out. Hell, I was not complaining. It wasn't every day you got to sleep wrapped around a hot guy.

I dropped my head down again onto one of the pillows, intending on getting a few more minutes of shut eye, but the action roused him. He raised one hand to his head and squeezed his eyes together for a moment before reaching for something in his pocket - his phone. He unlocked the screen and I saw his eyes widen in panic before he turned his head to look at me.

'Shit, we're going to be late for school,' he told me with a sigh. 'It's nine o clock.'

'We're already late then,' I mumbled. 'The game doesn't start until three so it doesn't matter,' I added, holding back a yawn.

'You really are not fussed about education are you?' he asked in an amused voice, dropping his phone between us and resting a hand on my waist lightly. I could feel the heat of him even through my top. He lowered his head back down too.

'Not near the end of the year,' I replied. 'We've only got like four weeks left and I doubt I'll learn anything,' I murmured before tucking my head under his chin to steal his warmth. He stopped talking at this.

'So, you used the strawberry shampoo,' he said softly after a few moments of silence.

'I like strawberries,' I replied sleepily.

He was deliciously warm. And he smelled like heaven. I wasn't sure what aftershave he used but, on the heat of his skin, it was divine.

'So do I,' he said. 'That doesn't mean you have to go around smelling like that annoying Strawberry Shortcake girl,' he added.

'Shut up and go back to sleep,' I told him, reaching up to flick him, he caught my hand before I could, though, and laughed.

'No more flicking,' Bradley said, pinching my waist. I scowled and reached up with my other hand, gripping onto the strands of his hair tightly to make him shut up. 'Ow,' he whined near my ear.

I opened my eyes and pulled away to glare at him.

'Stop talking and go back to sleep,' I ordered. His eyes flashed with amusement and something else which I couldn't decipher.

'Let me just get my blanket first,' he winked, sliding his hand to my back and pulling me closer.

'Idiot,' I mumbled, loosening my grip on his hair. Come to think of it, his hair was pretty soft. I'd have to test out his shampoo too later on.

I felt him still against me and his breathing became more even as he drifted off to sleep again. Unfairly, I felt wide awake now. I let out a low sigh and pressed my cheek to his warm chest. I was definitely crossing the line right now. I was supposed to be keeping my distance and here I was snuggling up to the guy all night and morning. Great work, Raegan. I pulled my hand from his hair. The temptation to wind it around my fingers was far too great. And I didn't need anymore temptation right now.

I laid against him for a while, I'm not sure how long for. It felt nice and safe. Having his arm around me and being able to relax. I almost felt like a normal teenage girl again.

I think I drifted in and out of sleep too but jerked back awake suddenly. Deciding he'd had enough sleep, I sat up and shoved him so he rolled over the sofa's edge and onto the floor with a thump. Time to get a hold of myself once more and head back to the place called reality.