CHAPTER 9

I woke up to my phone beeping, I check the time and it's now seven fifteen on a Sunday morning. Who could be texting me this early.

I check my phone and saw a message from my mom.

Good morning honey, sorry to wake you up but I just want you to know I'm visiting you today if you're not busy. Mom

Its okay mom, what time are you coming? Abbie

Maybe ten. Mom

Ten would be a good time let's have lunch together. Abbie

Great, see you. Mom

I stay in bed for another fifteen minutes just staring at the ceiling thinking of random things like Lisa's pregnancy, Randy and his proposal, mom and dad, and of course Jake.

Since I met him I can't get him off my mind. I don't know, I think I like him..ahh! Maybe I'm going crazy.

I got up and tidy my apartment a little. I'm planning to treat mom on a spa today after our lunch.

Its quarter to nine, I showered and dress. When I finish blow drying my hair the door bell rings. I got up and open the door.

"Hi mom! Good to see you, come in. I'll just get my purse and keys so we can go." I said kissing her cheeks.

"Okay honey, take your time." she enters the living room and sit on the sofa.

I take my things inside the bedroom and check myself one last time in the mirror.

"Okay mom let's go." I said when I emerged from the room.

I'm locking my door when Jake suddenly comes out of his apartment and saw us.

"Hi Abbie!" He greeted with a smile.

"Oh.. hello Jake!" I stutter not expecting to see him.

"By the way meet my mom." I said.

"It's nice to meet you ma'am, I'm Jake Watson." He politely greeted her offering his hand.

"Nice to meet you too young man. Enough of the formalities you can call me Aubrey, Aubrey Collins." She shake his hand blushing, giggling like a school girl.

"Aubrey such a beautiful name." Jake comment earning another giggle from mom.

"Oh you're such a charmer." Mom said tapping his arm.

"Umm... Sorry to interrupt but we're going to be late on our appointment. It's nice to see you Jake." I said pulling my mother to the stairs.

"Ok take care ladies, I'll see you later Abbie." He hurriedly said and wave goodbye.

When we enter the car I face my mother and she was smiling.

"Seriously mom! What's that?" I asked her feeling irritated.

"He's such a fine man, ain't he? The two of you will look good together." She comment.

"Really mom, you know let's just eat maybe you’re hungry." I said.

"Hey Abigail Marie Collins don't talk to me like that. I'm your mother." She reprimand me.

"Sorry mom. Let's just forget about it okay" I apologize and drive to the restaurant.

After lunch I have to drive hurriedly to arrive on our spa appointment on time. Mom had foot spa while I get my nails done. When we're done I drove back to the apartment.

"I had a nice day honey, thanks for the treat." She said kissing my cheeks.

"Its okay mom don't mention it." I said hugging her.

"Take care honey and send my regards to Jake. I really like that guy for you." She mutters teasing me.

"Okay mom will do. Bye I love you." I said pushing mom to her car.

"Love you too sweetie." She wave me goodbye and drive off.

I climb the stairs to my apartment on the second floor. As I reach the top of the stairs I saw Jake leaning beside my door.

When he saw me he smiled that breath taking smile. I look into his eyes and walk closer to him not taking my eyes of him. I didn't realize that I'm right in front of him until he greeted me.

"Hi beautiful!" He said making me blush.

"Umm...what are you doing here?" I asked nervously.

"Well I was thinking if you would like to go hangout with me." He invite me looking hopeful.

"Okay, where are we going?" I said

"You choose, anywhere you like."

"There's a new bar opening tonight, would that be okay?" I suggest.

"Great! I'll pick you up at eight. Laters baby." then he kiss my right cheek and strode to his door.

I was taken aback by his gesture. My heart skips a beat. All I do was stare at him while he walk through his door.

I was inside my bedroom standing in front of my closet for thirty minutes now. I don't know what to wear. It's time to use drastic measure that's why I called Lisa for help.

"Hey Abbie, what's up?" She answered on the third ring.

"I have an emergency situation Lisa, you have to help me!" I cry on the phone.

"What! What's happening to you? Are you in danger? Is someone trying to rape you? Where are you? I'm coming!" She speaks hysterically on the other line.

"No! Lisa listens to me, I have nothing to wear, I'm going to the bar with Jake tonight." I explain to her.

"Oh! You mean you have a date with the hunky, yummy Jake?" Lisa teased me.

"Well his really a hunk and he looks yummy but it's not a date, will just hangout." I clarify.

"Call it whatever you want but I think he likes you!!" She said in a sing song voice mocking me.

"Are you helping me or not?" I asked her annoyed.

"Okay calm down will you, I'm coming."

After twenty minutes Lisa appeared on my door beaming at me with excitement. She walk pass me and go straight to my bedroom searching my closet.

"It's good to see you too bff." I said sarcastically following her.

"Oh shut up, just sit there and let me do my thing here." She barks.

After five minutes Lisa emerge from a mountain of clothes on the floor holding a dark purple bodycon backless dress with a sweetheart neckline

"Oh no I can't wear that it’s too revealing!" I protest.

"You're wearing this and that's final. Now get dress so I can fix your hair." She ordered.

I only have twenty minutes to prepare myself so I have no choice but to do as she say. She curl the ends of my hair to give some volume to it while I apply some mascara, blush and lipstick on my face. For the finishing touch I wear a four inch black velvet platform heals.

"Wow! You look ravishing, I'm sure Jake will have a hard time keeping his hands to himself." She said her eyes full of mischief.

I never had time to talk back to her coz then we heard a knock on the door. She bolt to open the door.

"Hi I'm Lisa, Abbie's best friend." She speaks offering her hand to Jake.

"Oh! Hi I'm Jake." He shakes her hand looking bewildered.

"I know, Abbie told me lots of things about you."

"Really, Like what?" He asked interested.

"She said your good looking and hot and ...." She blurted.

"Hi Jake, I see you already meet my bff Lisa." I cut her off before she embarrass me anymore.

"Bye Lisa thank you, you're the best!" I bid her goodbye. She just waves her hand at me and wiggles her eyebrows.

"Let's go?!" I asked Jake while dragging him to the stairs.