CHAPTER 4

I haven't got a peaceful sleep until last night maybe spending the day with Jake help calm my nerves.

It's Sunday and I spend my morning tidying up my apartment. I was changing my bed sheet when I heard my phone ringing.

Looking at the caller id I saw that it's my mom, she always calls to check up on me.

"Hi mom! I missed you why did you call?" Happily greeting her.

"Oh! Honey I missed you too. I'm just thinking if you could drop by today and have dinner with me." Hearing her melodic voice makes me feels like I'm home.

"Alright I'll be there before seven." I replied eagerly.

My mom is the only family I have. She raise me by herself. I know being a single parent is hard, she takes three jobs just to support me. When I was six I asked her about my father she just stared at me and starts to cry, every night after that I can hear her silently crying in her room. She didn't know that I have witness every pain that she's keeping inside her heart.

Growing up without a father was difficult, I feel envy whenever I saw my classmate’s dad pick them up at school or when we celebrate family day and I'm the only one who don't have a father beside me.

I get used to it, that at the time I turned twelve I'm not affected anymore because my mother's love is enough for me.

"Before I forgot bring Lance with you, haven't seen that lad in a while." Mom requested.

"Mom we are not seeing each other anymore, me and Lance broke up." Why does Mom had to remind me of him and my ruined love life.

I'm teaching my heart slowly to forget and move on. Spending two years with someone is not a joke. I still remember the happy memories we shared and it still cause my heart to bleed a little.

"I'm sorry honey I didn't know, always remember you can always talk to me about anything and I will listen." She guiltily point out.

"I know that mom, thank you for being there for me." Stopping my tears to fall.

"Okay honey I have to go, I'll see you later. I love you!"

"Love you too mom." I ended the call and go back to what I'm doing.

After cleaning I prepared lunch. I fix myself a ham and egg sandwich. I just finish eating when there’s a knock on the door.

I opened it to find Lance outside looking dishalve and when I get closer he reek of alcohol. He faces me and smirked.

If we we're still together that look will instantly make my knees weak but now it doesn't have any effect on me.

"What do you want Lance?" I spat feeling irritated that he has the courage to show up at his state.

"I just want to see you Abbie, I missed you!" He slurs.

"Go home Lance your drunk!" I mutter.

"Let's talk please I want to clear thing up with you." He grabs my wrist and fulls me beside him.

"Let go of me you asshole!" I shriek but he tightened his hold on me and proceeded to hug me. I jerk and struggle but there's no use. I pounded on his chest and try to escape his hold.

"I just what to talk to you, you cannot break up with me coz you're mine." He utter.

"I'm not anyone else's possession, especially you!" I cry out.

"You can't do anything about it, you're mine and that's final!" He boomed.

"You're insane!" I shout and his hold on me tightened, i can feel his fingers digging in my arms.

"You’re hurting me, I said let go!" I scream still trying to free myself.

All of a sudden Lance was yank away from me and slams on the wall. I look to see Jake fuming beside his door.

I run to Jake and hug him, he put a protective arm around my shoulder. Feeling all the fear that I had moments ago vanish.

Lance stands up and stride to our direction. Jake put himself in front of me to face Lance.

"Who is this bastard?! You have..." Lance flare up.

"Go away Lance I don't want to see your face again!" I cut him off but he tried to reach me behind Jake, but Jake grab Lance arm and bend it behind his back. His face contours in pain.

"If you don't want me to break your arm I suggest you leave now!" Jake barks and pushes away Lance. He looses his balance slightly and run down the stairs.

"Are you alright?" I can see the concern in Jake's eyes. He touches my cheek with the back of his hand. His touch is comforting.

"Yes I'll be okay, thank you for saving me." I cannot stop myself and hug him and he close his arms around me. When I realize what I did I let go of him but instantly misses the warmth of his body. My cheeks reddened and I can't look in his face.

"It's okay, I'm glad I'm here and save you on time." He beamed at me. He walks me to my door.

"I'm going in, thank you again." I speak entering the door.

"Take a rest and call me if you need anything." I nodded and close the door.

I lay on the sofa and close my eyes. I fell asleep and woke up at five in the afternoon.

I take a shower, dress myself in a black denim shorts, crop top blouse , and flat strap sandals. Some lip tint for my lips and I put my hair in a high pony tail.

It's a forty five minutes drive to my mother's house. She lives in a 2 bedroom bungalow house where I grow up. In my way I drive to a pastry shop to buy some pecan pie for her.

I arrived at exactly six fifty. I park my car in the drive way and walk to her porch, before I could even knock the door opened and she embraced me tightly.

"It's so good to see you my baby." She coed.

"I brought you some pecan pie." Handing it to her and she gladly accepted.

"Oh thank you! So thoughtful of you to buy me my favorite." She beamed delighted with my gift.

As I enter the living room I'm flooded with memories of my childhood. It's always good to come back home. I can smell the roast beef and potatoes cooking in the oven and my mouth watered instantly. There is no one that can compare to the skills of my mother when it comes to cooking.

We go straight to the kitchen and I helped her prepare the table just like the old times.

"The beef will be ready in ten minutes." She announces.

"I can't wait to have a taste!" I chirp excitedly.

We eat heartily while I update her of the events about Lance. She feels saddened because mom and Lance have been close. I know his a good guy what happened earlier was just a misfortunate event.

After our dinner we move to the living room to chat and drink tea.

Staring at my mother I can see that she age gracefully with her wavy ash blonde hair that reaches her shoulders, doe shape eyes, button nose and heart shape face I am an exact replica of her but her eyes are light brown in colour while mine is emerald green which she said is the only thing I inherited in my father.

"I want to talk to you about something Abbie, I think it's time for you to know about your father."

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Song for this CHAPTER

Love the way you lie by Rhianna