CHAPTER 15

Planning two weddings at the same time can really be draining, especially when the brides are annoying, emotional and superstitious. It's exhausting I tell you!

"Oh my God! Please tell me you set the appointment on the caterers for the food and cake tasting, I forgot to inform them that I move the schedule." Lisa speaks loudly on the phone.

I'm in the office and she keeps bugging me about the caterers, the venue, the church and everything. I can't concentrate on my work because she's a nervous wreck and calling me every thirty minutes.

"Relax its all set. All you have to do is show up and taste those cakes and choose okay." I assured her.

"Is my wedding dress going to fit me, I think I'm getting fat every day. I can't stop my cravings. I want to eat and eat and eat." She blabs on the other line.

"Hey! Don't worry too much, it will be harmful for the baby. I will take care of everything. Your wedding will be wonderful and you will be the most stunning pregnant bride okay." I told her.

"Oh thank you so much bff! I don't know what I would do without you. Don't worry I will help you with your wedding when it is your turn. I hope it will be on the hunky Jake." She said teasing me.

"Of course you will be my made of honor, nobody qualifies for that. Okay I'll hung up now I have a meeting in fifteen minutes." And with that I ended the call.

I'm also excited about Mom and Lisa's wedding. Next week we are going to fly to Greensboro for mom and dad's wedding and two months after that is Lisa's wedding.

Making my way to the conference room my phone chimes again.

"Oh no, not again" I mutter fishing my phone. When I look at the caller id I thought it was Lisa or Mom again but it was Jake and my face instantly lit up.

"Hey there handsome." I greeted him.

"Don't call me like that I might get used to it." He said on the other line.

"Why did you call, missed me?" I teased him.

"If you only knew how much I've missed you. Are you busy?" He asked.

"Well I have a meeting in ten minutes but I'm free tonight." I said hopeful.

"Alright tonight then, have dinner with me. I'll pick you up at seven?"

"Seven would be great." I agreed.

"Okay, laters baby." And with that he hung up.

Looking forward to a wonderful dinner later lifted my mood. The meeting went smoothly and office hours just slip away.

Getting ready for dinner I choose to wear a green empire waist strapless dress and pair it with my criss cross black wedge heels. I curl the ends of my hair and apply some mascara and lipstick.

Jake knocks on my door on time. I opened it to see that his wearing a navy blue button down shirt and black slacks. His hair as usual was short and messy like he just comes out of bed. I resist the urge to run my hands in them.

"Hi!" I said breathless, he's so good looking as always. He takes my breath away.

"For you." He said handling a bouquet of red roses to me.

"Oh! It's beautiful, thank you." I accepted, opening my door wider to let him in. I put the flowers on a ceramic vase with water and leave it on my coffee table.

"Are you ready?" Jake asked.

"Yes let's go." I said taking his hand.

It is a short ride to The Loeb Boathouse Center Park. I was surprised that of all the places he could pick he brought me here.

"Wow! I love this place, how did you know?" I asked him amused.

"A little birdie told me." He replied shrugging his shoulders and smiled.

"Oh! It's either Mom or Lisa, tell me." I said facing him.

"Kiss me first." He said pointing at his right cheek.

I stand on my toes to reach his cheek but he swiftly turns his face so my lips landed on his mouth.

My eyes widen at the sudden contact but give in to the sensation the kiss was affecting me. His hands instantly pull my waist and my arms went to his neck. We pull apart when our lungs demand for air.

"It's Lisa I saw her at the mall and asked her, she recommend this place and said that you'll love it here." He said giving me another smack on my lips.

We are seated at the lake side table, the view was amazing. The lake reflecting the lights of the boathouse at night and you can enjoy the view of the park.

We ordered boathouse salad, Cobb salad, filet mignon, Scottish salmon and a bottle of red wine.

After eating Jake rent a gondola. The boat ride was so romantic. We sail under the moon light siting side by side, he's arm around my shoulder. He was singing a Tagalog song that he learned when he visited the Philippines.

Hawakan mo ang kamay ko
ng mahigpit...
(hold my hand tightly)

Pakinggan mo ang tinig ko,
Di mo ba pansin?
(Listen to my voice, can't you see?)

Na ikaw at ako... ooohhh...
(That you and me)

Tayo'y pinagtagpo
(We are meant to be)

Na ikaw at ako... ooohhh...
(That you and me)

Di na muling magkakalayo
(We will never be apart again)

Sa tuwing kasama kita
(Whenever we are together)

Wala nang kulang pa
(There is nothing missing)

Mahal na Mahal kang talaga
(I really love you so)

Tayo ay iisa...
(We are one)

"Wow! You have a great voice, even if I don't understand what you're singing I know the meaning was beautiful." I said touching his face.

We look in each others eyes, we didn't speak we just stare at each other. The light of the moon light illuminates our surroundings.

The boat ride end, Jake help me climb out of the gondola but the boat rock a little so I lost my balance and almost fell on the lake luckily Jake was holding me his right arm immediately pull my waist so my body collide on his chess.

Our eyes met, my breathing becomes erratic. I can see his eyes darken and his face move slowly towards mine and when our lips touch I know from that moment that I fall hard for this guy...I love him!

-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Song for this CHAPTER

Ikaw at ako by Tj Monterde (This is the song Jake sang to Abbie)

I've fallen for you by Toni Gonzaga