The news

Fionna's POV

"Do not forget the deal, Fionna the Human." A voice echoed in my head, causing me to wake up.

It had been a week or so since the "you're pregnant!" news. Cake was back at home, but I still haven't yet told her. "Morning honey, wanna eat something?" Cake came to my bed and asked. I nodded and she went down to the kitchen to cook. Ever since that day, I have to stare at my breakfast for awhile, wait for the barf to show up, then run to the toilet to puke, brush my teeth, and finally go back to the table and eat. It's like a daily routine and I was getting sick of it.

I told Cake that all the vomiting was because of Gumball's medicine, she belived it. How long am I going to keep this secret? And since Marshall is a demon/vampire, what is the baby? Is it a demon? A vampire? A human? Or a mix of three? I was beginning to feel terrified about what's growing inside of me. Once it is born, I'll have to care for it. But how? If it is not a creature that you can talk to, but instead, a beast or even a monster, how am I going to hold it in my arms and cherish it without being afraid of it every single day? I can't treat my child like that, even if it is a beast or anything that I don't like, I'll have to love it, just like how I love Marshall.

Marshall.

I needed to tell him. I can't hide it forever. Cake's stomach was huge when she was pregnant and if that happens to me I will be busted. There was still no blood on my panty, even though I waited everyday. I asked Nurse Ice Cream the other day and she explained: once a woman is pregnant, her menstruation stops. I guess Cake left out that part because she only told me how a woman's tummy would get big. She told me many information about tier 15 instead of the pregnancy part, so I guess I know what being pregnant is like now.

"Fionna! Breakfast's ready!" Cake shouted from downstairs and I hurried out my bed and changed into my usual attire. When I sat down at the table, I stared at my bacon pancake for awhile. "3, 2...Ok I need to barf." I counted down and rushed to the toilet. When I came back Cake gave me a worried look and questioned me. "Shouldn't the effects of Gumball's medicine be gone by now? And why didn't he give you any new medicine for all the barfing?"

I was looking for an answer and my mind was racing very fast at the same time. I tried my best not to stutter, choke out my words or do anything that's suspicious to her. "Gumball said it has a long-time effect on me, so maybe it'll wear off a bit later." I said with a normal tone. She raised her eyebrows and gave me a look that said: Well  that explains it.

I walked over to the table and started to eat. "Honey, you wanna do something today? It's been a really long time since we've gone adventuring and all you've been doing is spend time with Mr. Vampire Boy." She asked me. I wanted to refuse her offer, I really did. I am now 18 years old I have a boyfriend. It's just the same with Cake and Mo-chro. Spending time with the man you love is math. Really gross and mushy, yet true. But I wanted to hang out with my sister,  since I always spended time with Marshall, it's time I needed to spend time with her again.

"Sure! Let's go to the Dark Forest and find some monsters!" I shouted, faking my best 'enthusiastic voice'. She smiled and got up, taking her plate with her to the sink. After I was finished, I took my plate to the sink and washed it too.

"Ready Cake?" I said while picking up my blue crystal sword and we went out of the house. She morphed larger and put me on top of her. When we reached the Dark Forest, always as dark and evil as it was, there were strange noises coming from inside. "Let's go check it out." I said and pulled Cake's paw.

When we went there, we saw some weird flower that has teeth and there were thorns everywhere on its body.  It was eating a pixie and it swallowed it whole. Then it faced us and roared, its saliva was shooting towards us, covering our body. "Honey, remind me to take a shower when we get back, ok?" Cake asked me and I drew my sword out. "No problem." I said and charged towards the flower. "Now we're talkin!"