Different

Chapter 16: Different

Marshall's POV

I woke up after being covered in some powder. Fionna was no longer here, and Ashley was cleaning the floor. There were little shards of glass and blue liquid. After Ashley cleaned it up, she waved her finger a little bit and the blue liquid was formed into a white ball. Then she hit the ball hard causing a bright light to explode from the ball. In the bright light I saw a beautiful girl with long blonde hair and blue sapphire eyes. It lasted for only a second but she looked so beautiful. So beautiful that it almost seemed like a mirage.

"Fionna?" I mumbled to myself. The bright light was gone and I felt a small sting of pain in my head after she smashed the ball. There was a big difference between her and Fionna. Fionna had a curvy body, bright and smooth long blone hair, and a pair of beautiful eyes that seemed like it could hypnotise people. While Ashley's appearance was...NO! I can't compare my girlfriend to my best friend. That's too unfaithful.

"Marmar, breakky's ready!" She said and a bowl of strawberries together with a plate of pancakes appeared on the table. Pancakes...bacon pancakes...Fionna...What!? Why is she on my mind?! I smiled at my girlfriend and got up from the floor to walk to the table. I hugged her waist and put my head on her shoulder. "Thanks Ashley." I said, but something feels different again. Her skin was colder, not as warm as I remembered, and her hair was rougher and drier than I remembered. Somehow, I felt that Ashley was not the same person I fell in love with.

After we've finished our breakfast, Ashley suddenly came up with the marriage.

"Marmar,when do you wanna get married?" She placed her elbows on the dining table, supporting her head while asking me.

"I...Uh...whatever. As long as you like the date." I said while getting my axe guitar and started strumming it.

"Marmar, can you sing me a song?" She asked, flashing out a cushion with her magic and placed it on the couch to sit on it.

"Anything for my Ashley." I winked. Strange...her blush was not as red as I remembered. But I ignored it and started singing to her.

" Do you hear me, I'm talking to you

Across the water across the deep blue ocean

Under the open sky, oh my, baby I'm trying."

She continued the song that was popular before the Mushroom War.

"Boy, I hear you in my dreams

I feel your whisper across the sea

I keep you with me in my heart

You make it easier when life gets hard"

It was a bit out of tune, not the perfect voice I had remembered in my head.

Then we sang a duet together.

"Lucky I'm in love with my best friend

Lucky to have been where I have been

Lucky to be coming home again

Ooohh ooooh oooh oooh ooh ooh ooh ooh

They don't know how long it takes

Waiting for a love like this

Every time we say goodbye

I wish we had one more kiss

I'll wait for you, I promise you, I will

Lucky I'm in love with my best friend

Lucky to have been where I have been