The Battle

Chapter 24: The battle

Fionna's POV

I heard a loud booming sound and that made me woke up in the middle of the night. It was 3 o'clock. "What the heck?" Cake was also awakened by the noise. I changed my clothes asap and took the Holy Sword with me. The clouds were black and there were green lightning flashing everywhere in the dark sky. It made me see easier now that there is light and Cake grew large and ran to the Candy Kingdom with me on her back.

When we got there, many candy people were screaming in terror and I saw skeletons rising from the empty ground outside the kingdom and were coming to this direction. Ice Queen was flying out of Gumball's castle with a chicken in her hand. "Really!? Now?!" I said and she looked at me while chewing the chicken. "Citizens! Gather in the ball room and stay safe!" I heard PG shout at a cone thing that made his voice 10x louder and the candy people began running inside the ball room. Sugar Princess was helping to carry the candy children from the nursery. "Hey Ice Queen!" I shouted to her. "What!? Can't you see im eating!?" She said while tearing off a part of the chicken with her teeth and chewed it. "Freeze the windows and doors when everyone's in the ball room!" I commanded her and she flew near the ball room preparing to freeze it. The Gumball guardians stood up and shouted "I sensed evil! Must protect the kingdom!" I held my sword up and looked at Cake. "Ready honey?"She said and I nodded with a small smile on my face. Then I heard a tap on my shoulder. I turned to look and saw Marshall and his Axe bass in front of me. "Marshall!? what in the glob's name are you doing here?" I shouted. "Yea, fang boy. Explain." Cake said with her sassy voice.

"I can't possibly let my girlfriend fight alone, can I? And besides I woke up because of the loud noise like everyone else." He said while strumming his bass. "Oh you better help, if not your beautiful face will no longer be beautiful." Cake said while showing her claws to Marshall and he floated back with a bit of disgust on his face.

It was starting to have more and more skeletons coming to the kingdom and Ice Queen put a big thick ice wall in front of the kingdom so it will stall the skeletons' time, A LOT. Cake picked me up and streched to the outside of the ice wall and Glob it was thick! Marshall floated after us and we saw a tall big figure far ahead.

It was the Lich indeed.

Cake streched us over the army of skeletons and we were in front of the Lich. "Finally showed up? Ya coward!" I shouted and he shot a fireball at me. I blocked it with my sword and it ricocheted off of it,heading back to the Lich and he was not hurt even though it hit his face directly. I started running towards him and holding the sword up. His eyes grew wide when he saw the sword. "Finally he's scared of something." I thought and charged at him. There were skeletons rising from the ground and they grabbed on my legs but Cake and Marshall helped me by fighting off those skeletons. I ran near the Lich and tried to slash him with my sword but he evaded the attack.

I slashed,

he dodges.

I slashed,

he dodges

Again and again.

"Wh-When are...you gonna fight me ya coward!" I was exausted but I tried to attack the Lich one last time when I tripped and fell down. I heard a small crack and looked at my amulet, it was broken. Then everything was pitch black and the Lich was in front of me again.

"Human, your adoptive cat sibling has given you the Gem of Tyran, is it?" He said while walking closer to me. "W-What gem." I said and began to step back. "Ah, do not pretend, this bracelet, perhaps?" He said and suddenly the bracelet which Cake gave me was floating in front of me.

"Let us in your head, let us help you, the power shall be unleashed!"  The whisper says and the bracelet was slowly put onto my wrist. I couldn't move and I couldn't do anything.