Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Fionna's POV

I woke up at 11 in the morning and sat up. 'Was it just a dream?' I mumbled to myself. I looked to my left and saw Marsahall sleeping peacefully. I was naked, only covered by a thin piece of blanket. I smiled, thankful that he'd come back to me.  I got off of his bed, wore my clothes and went downstairs to make some breakfast. Surprisingly, Ashley was sleeping on the couch. I blushed a bit, thinking 'Maybe she saw or heard us...' Then I shook my head and thought i was just overreacting.

I walked over to Ashley and poked her cheek. 'Hey, why are you still here?' I asked and she slowly opened her eyes. She stared at me in fear and was a bit angry.

'Happy huh? You got Marmar back, but don't forget...' She smirked. 

'Forget what?' I asked, confused.

'His mom likes me more than you, I'm the one who's gonna marry him, you stupid mortal.' She gave me a evil grin.

'You...' I wanted to strangle her.

'Oh, and don't you dare do anything to me with that so called "power"gem of yours. I sensed a very dark aura in it, the more you use it, it gets into your head. It's supposed to be linked to a certain power source, every gem has a different one.' She got off the couch and walk toward the door. I was angry and grateful at the same time. Grateful because she told me about the gem and angry because she was the one who's gonna marry Marshall.

I ran back upstairs and shook Marshall hard. "Marsh! Wake up." I yelled.

"What?"He opened one of his eyes

He jolted up "Oh glob. I have to tell my mom to cancel the goddamn wedding. Oh glob glob glob." He said after floating to his closet and rummaging through his clothes.

"So I guess we can't hang out today?" I said, a bit disappointed.

"I'm sorry Fi, but I have to go to the Nightosphere for a day, which is about three days here. I promise I'll be back in no time, ok?" He said and kissed my forehead.

"Ok...bye." I waved slightly and he went downstairs. I heard him chanting loudly and went downstairs as well only to see spilt bug milk. I took my bag and headed to the treehouse.

*At the treehouse*

The moment my knuckles touched the hard wooden door, Cake opened it and looked at me like I was some kind of prey.

"FIONNA THE HUMAN WHERE HAVE YOU GONE TO AFTER THE PARTY!?" She shouted and it kinda hurt my eardrums.

"I was..." I couldn't possibly tell Cake about yesterday. She raised an eyebrow, knowking that I was trying to make up a reason to lie. I made my face look confident and told the lie bravely.

"I went to Party Patrice's party with Marshall." I said.

"So the ball at Gumball's wasn't enough huh? And where's the dress? Why are you wearing this?" She said pointing to my tank top and shorts. She mentioned about Gumball, it felt a bit painful deep in my heart to know someone who I had crushed on has never liked me back.

"To party, of course! And I hate dresses, so after the ball I just trashed it." I showed her a big grin. She was obviously convinced and pointed her hand to the table.

"Yeeesssss! BACON PANCAKES!" I dropped my bag on the floor and rushed to the table.

"Do you know Gumball has a fiancé?" I said while stuffing a piece of pancake into my mouth.

"Who?" Cake asked curiously

"Sugar Princess." I said.

"Wow, they match perfectly because they are so 'sweet'." She giggled a bit. I didn't think that was funny because of how I felt for Gumball.