17

Moe's pov

It's been a couple weeks since the accident, the team came and left. Jill changed the camp so that I could still be able to stay with Taylor at night after our practice. I haven't really been happy since the accident. I miss hearing Taylor's voice. Her laugh, her raspy voice when she first wakes up in the morning, I miss everything about her.

There's still no change about her health. They had to put a tube in her throat to help her breathe. The doctor said her back is healing good. They said two more months and she should be okay. They did say that she won't be able to play like she normally does for another 4 or 5 months.

I don't think anyone cares about her playing soccer right now, they are more concerned when she will wake up. The doctor said that if she doesn't wake up in a week they will pull the plug and if she wakes up on her own that's good and if not.. she will pass peacefully.

Most of the team has been in here one by one to talk to her. Most of us came out crying or looking like they had been crying.

Practice just ended so I showered and got into my regular clothes. Christen and I headed to the hospital and stayed until we had dinner.

After that we headed back and had our normal dinner. Jill went over some announcements and then we ate. After that hope and Christen convinced me to sleep at the hotel instead of a hospital chair.

I decided to not fight them and I stayed at the hotel while Christen and Hope went to the hospital to stay with her. I had my phone the loudest it could be so that if she woke up or if something happened I would wake up and answer.

Christens pov

Hope and I are currently sitting in Taylor's room, she was still unconscious and had tubes everywhere. Everyone was miserable. No one seemed to be having fun. Even the coaching staff seemed down.

Practice helped with a lot but once it was over it was like everyone remembered and suddenly got sad again. Moe only played about a half hour before her head started to hurt so she ended up sitting out for the rest of practice. The coaching staff thought that it was to soon for her to play but they agreed that maybe it would help her cope with what's happening with Taylor.

Moe's parents think we should sue the drunk driver but I don't know if that would help about what's going on. Hope is planning on talking to her lawyer to make a decision. I decided she would take care of that if she wanted to.

When we aren't playing soccer or we aren't at meetings our thoughts and focus is on Taylor. She's like a little sister to most of the team. If we lost her the team would never be the same.

It sucks that this even happened. I know things happen for a reason but to do this to someone who has gone through so much is just screwed up. She was just starting her career and now she may never wake up again.

Hope's pov

I talked with my lawyer and he said that we have a pretty good case. We are going to court in a couple days to find out the ruling. The guy killed two people and Taylor could still die. I can't even imagine drinking so much and then get in a car with two other people and end up crashing into someone and not only severely injuring someone but ending two innocent lives in the process. The guilt and heartbreak would be devastating. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I knew I killed two innocent people.

"Hey I'm going to get a water do you want one?" I ask Christen

"Sure thanks Hope" she replies holding Taylor's hand

"No problem, I'll be right back" i say getting up from my chair and grabbing my wallet.

I walk down to the cafeteria and grab two waters. I get in line and pay for both of the waters before walking back to the room. I hand Christen her water bottle

"Thank you" she says

"Your welcome" I say sitting back down

"Did your lawyer get back to you yet?" She asks

"Yeah, he thinks we have a good case. The hearing is in a couple days." I say

"That's good, who needs to be there?"She asks

"I'll go, I think you and Moe should come too." I say

"Okay, sounds good, just let me know what time and I'll be there." She says

"Okay" I say

We sit in silence until the doctor walks in to check Taylor.

"How's she doing?" I ask

"Still no progress. Her vitals do seem stable still. It's still hard to tell if she will wake up. Between her head and her body she needs a lot of time to heal. Most of the time family members take their loved ones off of life support after a few weeks because they don't want to keep their loved ones though the pain they may feel." He says

"Is she brain dead?" I ask

Did I scare anyone?😂

"No, fortunately she's not brain dead but like I said before she needs time to heal." He says

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in.

"Do you think she will wake up? " Asks Christen

"Honestly I think she can if she wanted too. Her injuries are pretty severe but they aren't life threatening. I think sometimes it's a choice and other times it's not a choice. It's up to Taylor if she wants to fight or not." He says

"Thank you" I say

"No problem, I will be back in a bit to check on her again." He says

He walks out of the room and Christen goes and gets dinner for the two of us. I go over and sit down next Taylor and grab her hand.

"Hang in there kiddo"