Chapter 1

Panic grasped my heart.

Where am I? How did I get here?! I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around myself, trying to stay warm. Why was I in a blizzard in the middle of no where?!?!

All I remembered was that I was with my sister doing something, when suddenly bright colorful lights flashed around me and...I ended up here. Just HOW did I get here?

The icy wind howled around me. Ice and snow biting my face. It was dark, but I sensed the moon's light glowing. Luckily I had some kind of coat on, but the cold soon started to creep in.I have to get out of here! Before I freeze to death!

I looked around, searching for something to look forward to, and found nothing. This place was desolate and hard. Panic started rising back up. I can't die here, not today!

I started to walk fast...not that anywhere important to go. If I was going to die then I would die trying to find my way back home. But obviously home was no where near here, where ever "here" was. I clenched my teeth as I trekked against the storm. I HAD to find my way out, or it meant dying.

The wind was harsh, the cold unforgiving, the snow icy and hard. The wind blew snow in my face like stinging needles, but still I walked on, not giving up the last glimmer of hope left inside my soul.

I paused for a moment when I saw a figure in the distance, the storm hazing it out. "Hey!" I yelled "Help me!" my calls were lost in the roaring of the blizzard. I started to run to the figure. I didn't care who it was, or where they were coming from, they were the only someone that could help me.

As I approached, disappointment and embarrassment made me slow to a walk. It was just a jagged rock sticking out of the ground. A furry wind cape draped around it, flapping in the wind. A satchel was left by the rock along with the cape.

I gratefully took the thick- furred cape and draped it around me, warmth beginning to return. I sat against the side of the rock where it blocked most the wind, and I opened the satchel to find a bottle with something warm in it, a few herbs, jerky, dried fruits and a dagger.

"A warm bottle?" Curiosity of where the satchel came from, let alone how convenient it was that that was there for me, intrigued me. It was almost like someone KNEW I was coming, and have provided the means to survive.

I opened the bottle and let the smell of hot cider wave up. I was unsure if the drink was spiked with anything, but I did enjoy the warmth it was spreading into my numb hands. I drank some of it, the sweet deliciousness warming up my body.

I covered the satchel under the fur cape, ready to move on. By now the storm had calmed down and the wind had reduced to a tough breeze as the snow continued to pour down.

I checked my surroundings, looking for any signs of civilization.

Nothing.

I still have no choice but to continue in one direction.