Chapter 25

NEWT'S P.O.V

Minho and Y/n explain the way out. I can't help but notice the little things. How Y/n looks up at Minho occasionally with an encouraging smile because of his fear of speaking in public. And how he looks at her with longing. They really do look perfect together (Yes, I overheard Alby's lecture). Yet I still wanted to be the one in Minho's place. I wanted to be the one who looked at her with such compassion, and I wanted her to look at me like that too. But I knew that she had gone up to cloud Min-nine, and she wasn't coming back down for me. But some part of me still hoped she would fall for me. "WHAT?? You're just biased because you hate me." I snap back to reality, to see Gally screaming at Alby, Minho, and Y/n. My jaw clenches, and I want to kill the slinthead. "Don't talk to him like that." I hear Minho growl. "Who's gonna make me?" Gally yells. "You and your little band of shanks?". Y/n takes a step forward. "The only shank around here is YOU Gally." Y/n hisses. Gally pushes her hard, and she stumbles into Minho. My eyes narrow and I take a step forward, but Minho beats me too it, and I sigh. They continue fighting for a while, and then I hear the last of it. "I'll be back for you! Especially you!" Gally yells pointing at Minho and Y/n. He storms out, and everyone watches him leave. I know nobody likes him, so nobody goes after him. Everyone looks back to Alby. "Okay, so we'll leave tomorrow morning."

--Time Skip, 4:30 AM--

YOUR P.O.V

*NOTE: There was no griever attack at night when the doors didn't close, it happens later*

"Good job with the explanation, I know you don't like speaking formally in front of everyone" I say. Minho and I are packing the last of our stuff, and making plans. "So, you should lead the group, and then I'll be the caboose." Minho says as he rushes around busily. I nod and sigh before flopping onto the bed. Minho stops and stands in front of me. "Hey. What's wrong?" he says, plopping down beside me. "It's just... What if we don't make it? What if something goes wrong? What if I-I- lose you?" I ask. Minho smiles. "Y/n, we're gonna make it. And If something goes wrong, we'll have each other to solve it." he says. I look up at him and smile. "And you won't ever lose me. EVER. We will be together." I smile, but he looks at me seriously. "Thanks." I say. He smiles and leans in and kisses me. I kiss him back, deepening it. He grabs my waist and pulls me on top of him. I put my arms around his neck and run my hands through his short hair which always seems perfect. As I kissed him, I realised how much I loved Minho. I loved his personality, his attitude, his hair, his everything. I loved him, and I would never let him go.