Chapter 35

*Demi's POV*

They took Jessie off life support. They gave up on her. I will never giver up on her. Dead or alive. Never.

I slowly let the tears fall as the doctor went out the door. Her hand twitched slightly after like 3 minutes. No. I'm hallucinating because this was all my fault. “D-Demi?” A weak voice asked, “No, Jessie, you're dead, they say you'd gone.” I said, waves of guilt crashed through me. “Demi look at me. I'm alive.” Her voice rang, I still didn't look up. Her hand twitched some more and then she removed it. It was probably just the doctor taking her away. Taking my baby. Taking my rock, my life line. Jessie was the only reason I have stayed strong for this long.

Silence.

Suddenly, I felt a cold hand creep under my chin, making my rise my tear stained face, there, looking back at me, was my baby. Her eyes stared straight into mine. “J-Jessie?!?” I couldn't believe it, she was alive and she was looking at me. She still looked broken, but I still hugged her, “I love you baby!” I said, “I love you too Mum!” She cried. Stop. Wait. She called me Mum? SHE CALLED ME MUM! A triumphant smile spread across my face as I pulled away, “Oh and Mum?” She asked, “Yeah?” She called me Mum again! “It wasn't your fault.” Doubt filled my face but she continued, probably sensing the doubt. “At all.” She added. We hugged each other for what seemed like forever until I called a doctor in and he dismissed her.