Chapter 19 :Zane's POV:

Chapter 19:

Zane's POV:

I kiss Raven once more before leaving. I feel his eyes in my back as I walk away. I turn and give him one last smile. He chuckles before closing the door. I hate watching doors close. It's like they're closing off forever. Like you'll never see the person behind that door once again. I shudder at the thought and shove my hands in my pocket. I lick my lips and sigh. Being a vampire really sucks ass.

I walk into the hospital and head up to the floor my brother is. I can immediately spot my mom as I reach the floor. She sits on a bench near my brother's room. Her face is buried in her hands. I can't stand looking at her this way. It's so friggin sad.

"Mom," I murmur. She looks up and stands up. I give her a hug which she reluctantly returns. I feel saddened by the way she is taking Blain's sickness. I'm not a mother, but I don't feel this sad. It's like she's building a wall and there isn't going to be a hammer for me to break it down. I pat her shoulder before going into his room. He looks worse than before. I walk over to his bed and he opens his eyes which are dark and bruised, like he hasn't gotten any sleep. I sit down in the chair beside him. He smiles, but it's obviously forced. He breaks out coughing and sighs faintly before opening his mouth.

"Moms not too excited about my sickness." He mumbles. I nod.

"Why would she be excited? Your her son." I say. He closes his eyes with a sigh.

"You seemed to always be her favorite." He looks away at the wall. I sigh and grab his arm. He flinches and tries to pull away, but he's too weak.

"Blain, she loves us both the same, she just expresses it in different ways." I say. Blain shakes his head.

"No, she loves you more. You were always the one with the future. I was just the one who let life go on as it was. I wasn't gonna have the perfect future like you. I was going to the one living in mom's basement for all eternity while you- while you were gonna go off, get a boyfriend and life the way you wanted. Mom knew I was going to be sick. She knew you were the one with the blood. The one who's powers would awaken." My eyes widen.

"You know?" He blinks back tears and nods.

"I have known Zane, why do you think I've always protected you in every way I could. The way I would let a knife stab me in the back. Mom and I knew that if you awakened, I would die. Mom didn't seem to care. She just let you do whatever the hell you wanted. She wanted this. She wanted your blood to awaken and she wanted you to be stronger. She didn't give a crap whether her first son, aka me, died. You were the only thing keeping me here and she pulled you from the hold and let me fall." Blain coughed and I moved to support him, but he slapped me away. "Don't fucking touch me." He coughed and coughed.

"There has to be away, take my blood." Blain looks at me like I'm stupid.

"Why? So I can become a friggin vampire and kill people?" He asks. I shake my head.

"I take the blood of my mate." I say. He looks at me like I've somehow grown three more heads.

"Zane, do I look like a I friggin have a mate? I'm almost fully human. My vampire blood, if it's still event here is turning. I'm going to die once it's gone. I don't really care that it's going to fade away into my human blood. I actually wouldn't care to die. The only true thing I've got on this planet is Adrian, but do you see him? No." Blain got into another coughing fit. "Please, just leave me alone." I bit back the sob that was threatening to escape. Where did all these cruel words come from? Why was Blain so angry at me? It's not like I purposely became a vampire. I don't want him to die. "Leave!" My mother bursts into the room and grabs me.