Chapter 18 ::Zane-Shawn::

Chapter 18:

Zane's POV:

My mom and I wait in the waiting room as the doctor checks Blain. My mom bites her lip, looking worried and confused. I give her a look, which she just ignores. "Why can't we just do it?" I whisper yell. He doesn't have the chance to respond when the doctor comes out of the room. 

"Blain is stabilized. He's resting right now. You can go in and see him if you'd like. He might be in there a while though." He says, stepping aside or us. 

"Thank you, Raze." Raze smiles. I blink.  

"I remember you!" I exclaim stupidly. He smiles. 

"Ditto." He then turns on his heels and walks away. I sigh and follow my mom into Blain's room. His hair is all messed up and his skin is pale. The area around his eyes is black and red, like he hasn't gotten much sleep at all. My mom sits in the chair beside the bed and watches him. 

"Come on mom," I plead. She shakes her head. I can tell she's fed up with my pleading. I've been at it for the last couple of hours. I just don't want my brother to die. I don't want to lose him. He's important. He's like the Sam to my Dean... Although he is older so technically I'd be the Sam to his Dean, but Sam is being an asshole in the latest episode in my opinion. (Who else watches Supernatural?)  

"Zane, why don't you go see Raven. I'll watch over Blain." I nod slowly before leaving the room. I hear my mom sigh before I head to Raven's. 

"Zane," Raven smile when he sees me. I don't smile back. "What's wrong?" He asks when I don't even greet him. 

"My fucking brother is dying and my mom won't let me do anything about it." I growl angrily. Raven frowns and pulls me in a hug. 

"I'm sorry." He whispers, resting his chin on the top of my head. I want to pull away, but the feeling of his arms around me makes me feel so much better. I sigh and clutch onto him like there I no tomorrow. All of my worries fade in that little moment, until someone just has to walk in. 

"Hey," the guy says. Raven looks at him and smiles. The guy grins and sits when I recognize him as Karson. 

"Hey, your that guy." I mumble stupidly.  

"I sure am!" He's awfully cheery. I frown, thinking about Blain's friend, Adrian. He's always cheery. I wonder if he knows Blain is ill, if he does, does he care? 

"How are ya?" He asks me. I shrug. 

"I've been better." I reply. He nods. 

"I understand." I look at him curiously, but he doesn't expand on the comment. 

"I'm gonna head to work. Walmarts gettin' needy." He grins, brushing passed us. I look at his blue shirt and realize it has a Walmart logo on it. 

"Dude, you work at Walmart?" I exclaim. 

"I sure do." He chuckles, slipping on a jacket. 

"Awesome!" I say, smiling as he exits the house. Raven pulls me closer with a slight growl. I look at him curiously, "what?" I ask. He mumbles something incorehent, but I can hear it because of my supernatural abilities.  

"You were getting all friendly."  

I laugh. "We're mates remember? No reason to get jealous Ravey." I poke his cheek, giggling a little. He chuckles. 

"Karson hasn't found his mate yet. He's been down about it lately. He's complaining cause most of us have found ours, yet he still hasn't. I told him that his mates probably living in another land, waiting to be found. He still doesn't believe me." Raven murmurs.