Chapter 4 :Shawn's POV:

Chapter 4:

Shawn’s POV:

After the movie Raven and Forrest looked at each other, as though communicating through their eyes. I was kind of suspicious of that, but it was none of my business if they knew each other. Zane is staying at Raven’s place tonight. I don’t know if I trust Raven to be alone with him or something. He looks at Zane like he wants to devour him.

Forrest has been acting slightly weird ever since we got back to the dorm. Whenever I look at him he looks away. Sometimes I glance at him and he has this expression like he’s thinking really hard. Sometimes he looks confused.

“Forrest.” He looks at me.

“What?” He asks.

“Why have you been avoiding me?” I frown, “I thought we were friends.” He looks down and sighs.

“You’re a great friend Shawn, I’m just having some problems.” He mumbles.

“Problems with what?”

“My dad,” Forrest mumbles. I blinked; he hadn’t mentioned his father when I first met him I don’t think.

“Why are you having problems with your dad?” I ask, sitting down on his bed.

“Something…” He closes his eyes for a moment, thinking. He opens them again and looks at me, “I am getting something passed down to me. It’s something really important and there is something he expects from me too.” Forrest sits down beside me.

“What is it? What does he expect from you?” Forrest sighs and looks me in the eye.

“I can’t tell you.” I groan in frustration.

“Why the hell not?” I exclaim.

“I just can’t. I want to, but you’d freak out and probably never speak to me again.” He stands up and runs his hands through his hair looking tired.

“I’m sorry,” I stand up and put my hand on his shoulder. He looks at me and I smile at him. He suddenly grabs my shirt and pulls me forward, crashing his lips against mine. I push at his chest and he quickly pulls away. He looks shocked.

“I-I’m sorry!” He shouts, running out of the room. I stand there, my eyes wide. What the hell just happened?

It’s been 2 weeks since Forrest kissed me. I’ve been trying to get him to talk to me but he always makes up a lame excuse and runs off. His mom was right. He is like a scared rabbit.

He’s always gone before I get up and he’s already in bed by the time I get back. It’s pissing me off. So today, I’ve decided to confront him. I don’t give a crap if he’s sleeping, I am waking him up.

I go over to his bed and rip the blankets off of him. He sits up and glares at me.

“What the fuck?” I toss his blanket on the floor.

“We need to talk Forrest.” I growl. He looks away and I sigh.

“It was a kiss. Its not the end of the world. I’m not disgusted by it.” He seems to perk slightly. “You were feeling tired and probably didn’t mean to kiss me. It probably helped you vent in some way.” I say. Forrest gets out of his bed and walks over to me.

“Why are you so…” He trails off and strokes my cheek. I gaze into his eyes, suddenly feeling very gay. I look away and his arm drops back to his side.

“Why am I so what?” I look at him once again. He smiles, shaking his head.

“Nothing,” He looks at the time, “want to go see a movie?” I nod with a smile. We’re talking again.