Chapter 7

*BEFORE READING* please note that this story is my copyright! Plagiarism in intolerable and is punishable by law.* PLEASE report if you find my work is copyrighted. Your help will be rewarded.

Enjoy reading....

Peyton's POV

"You got to be kidding me." Derrick swore.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, wondering why my usually calm and collect cousin was rubbing his forehead and messaged his temples between both his fingers, like he was about to sprout grey hairs.  

While standing in front of Derrick's car, Jackie and William appeared walking hand in hand. The two looked painfully adorable to look at, but I loved William for being the source of Jackie's bright smiles. The two are so in-tuned with each other that they basically hum to the same beats. 

"Bye Will," William leaned down as Jackie kissed him on the cheek.

"Bye kiwi." He kissed her back ever so sweetly and Jackie giggled.

Something about love that I have not yet fathomed. Love makes people look like fools. I can't even picture myself being lovey-dovey that way, especially with a guy. I would be utterly humiliated being seen in public.

After what I think was the fifth hug good-bye, William left to head back home. Jackie happily walked to my side still wide-eyed and giggling off to Neverland. The sound of a car horn snapped me out of my focus on Jackie and made me realize Ash hadn't shown up yet.

Again making everyone wait on her.

"Where's Ash?" I asked. And where were Soren and his gang of men.

"She better get her butt here in 5 seconds, or we're leaving." Derrick sounded frustrated.

"is something the matter?" I asked him.

He sighed, trying to calm himself. "No--well, yes...but it shouldn't concern you. I'm fine."

I looked at him questioningly. Derrick and I grew up like siblings. We understood each other like twins sometimes and it was pretty weird when we could practically read off of each others minds.

"Something is obviously bothering you and by how you are glancing on your phone it's either related to my dad, or...Layla."

I was dead on. His lips pulled apart and his teeth clenched. "Her mom can a little accident and fell on her back. She texted me, and--

"She's freaking out. You want to be there with her." I finished for him.

He nodded and again his eyes flickered to his phone screen when another text message was received.

His mate, Layla, was a female from a different pack. They meet when Derrick was sent to retrieve a parcel from Layla's Alpha. I haven't  met her yet but according to Derrick she is such a sweet and kind girl. Hopefully someday soon I will be able to see her and we could be friends.

"Go," I said. "You should contact my dad first so he doesn't get angry with you for going AWOL."

"Good idea." The idea of angry my father made him more stressed.

He pressed speed-dial on his phone and dad picked up after the first ring. "Alpha..." Derrick walked away to have a more private conversation. 

"So how are we going home?" Jackie said aloud, leaning on the side of Derrick's car.

"You can ride with me."