Chapter Nineteen: I Loved Her

“That is not fair,” I said, to the screen in front of me.

“Well you should have thought about how it would affect you before you decided to run off with some boy, again.” My dad said, a tired look plastered onto his face.

“So I ran off again without permission, are you honestly going to ground me?” I asked, crossing my arms and leaning back on my chair. “You can’t ground someone, when you aren’t even in the country let alone the continent.”

My father gave me a warning look, “Don’t start with me Alice.”

I sighed, “Come on, dad. You basically kept me locked up the last eight years of my life I was expected to rebel sometime.”

My dad let out a long sigh. My parents decided to stay in England for another week, and apparently the word got out that I disappeared off again so my dad decided to Skype call me.

“I am just trying to do what is good for you, Alice.” He said, tiredly.

“Good for me or for you?” I challenged.

From the corner of my eye I saw Ricky giving me a warning look he was waving his hands up in the air. “That’s it, Alice. You are now officially grounded.” He said, in a threatening tone.

“Didn’t we already establish that I was grounded?” I asked, confused. “And anyways grounding someone isn’t going to do you any good. Don’t you remember how well it worked out last time?”

My dad let out a long tired sigh, “This conversation is over, Alice.”

I rolled my eyes, clicking the button to end the call with my father. “I hate you,” I muttered to no one directly.

I stood up from the chair I was previously sitting on, there were about four guards in the room while I was talking to my dad. One of them being Ricky.

“If you were my daughter I would disown you.” Ricky said, following me out of the room.

I rolled my eyes, “If you were my dad. I would kill myself.” I replied heading towards the stairs.

When we finally got some gas to get out of that old gas station, we called a taxi to drop us home. I was dropped off first being dropped off the same place Gavin dropped me off on Valentine’s Day on Pennsylvania Avenue, no questions asked. I still didn’t know why he took me out on a date or whatever we call it, in the first place. But it was Gavin, one of the most bipolar teenagers I’ve ever met.

But, thinking of Gavin and the whole gas station incident. I remember him calling me mom, which kind of confused me. Did I look like his mom? But what I really wanted to know was that did something similar happened to his mom? But, why would something happen to his mom if he told me he was afriad of her? 

My thoughts led me to my room as I stripped out of my clothes. Ricky was no longer following me, I didn’t actually notice until I got into my room. I was too consumed by my thoughts. I tossed my clothes into the hamper leaving myself only in my undergarments.

I walked into my bathroom, turning on the water. I removed my hair from its bun, taking all the bobby clips out that I used to hold up all the stray pieces, letting my hair flow freely down my back.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I didn’t look much different from the makeover my mom and Holly made me get when I was starting school. The only difference was that I cut my hair, and it was dyed a darker shade then it was. Looking to be almost black.

I ran my fingers through my hair. As I hopped into the shower, most people would kill to be the President’s daughter, but I despise every bit of it. Like what’s the point if all you do, is work and get in trouble. Because trust me it isn’t as glamorous as it seems.