Chapter Eleven: Make Outs, Run Away's and Casts.

My eyes darted back and forth from Holly and Ben who were silently moving away from each other, acting like I didn’t just walk into them making out in my room. "What on earth is going on?" I wanted to scream but it only came out as a whisper.

Ben let out a cough trying to fill the awkwardness that was lingering in my room. I looked over at Holly whose eyes were trained on the floor shamefully while her cheeks were flushed pink. Ben on the other hand also had flushed cheeks and his eyes were darting everywhere in the room refusing to meet mine.

I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out. They were no words to describe what I was feeling at the moment.

"I did not just walk into my room and see my two best friends making out with each other." I whispered finally voicing my thoughts.

"It’s not what it looks like." I heard Holly whisper.

I snorted in disbelief, "Don't give me that crap Holly." I hissed at her, "First you accuse me of being a slut when really you are the slut in this friendship."

Holly's eyes widened as hurt came across her face, seconds later she burst into tears. I felt my stomach drop due to knowing that I was the cause of my best friend crying before my very eyes. I shook my head trying to process everything, drawing my attention to Ben who had his face buried in his hands. "You have no right to talk to Holly or myself like that, Alice." I heard him whisper.

"Excuse me? What do you mean I have no right if you saw me and Gavin making out like that what would you do?" I waited for a response but all I got was a blank and defeated look. "Exactly,” I said in triumph.

I looked back over at Holly, who seemed to be crying her eyes out. Every second that I stared at her it took all my will power not to go and console her and stop her from crying. I felt a pair of eyes on me as I looked back at Ben who was watching me with a blank expression.

"I think it would be best for you two if you just leave," I whispered closing my eyes and pointing to the door.

I heard Ben get up from my bed and heard his footsteps walk past me as he escorted a sobbing Holly and himself out of the room.

I heard the door shut as I finally opened my eyes. My vision started to get glassy due to the tears I was holding back.  

"Don't cry," I repeated to myself over and over. "You've cried enough for a day."

I slowly sank to the floor bursting into tears as I cried. What felt like hours later I finally had the strength to get up and lay down onto my bed, trying to sleep ignoring the fact the I had my two former best friends make out on this very bed not hours ago.

"It was for the best." I told myself letting sleep overcome the best of me.

*

"Alice?" I heard someone say. 

I yawned, burying my face back into my pillow. I heard the same person’s throat clear as I lifted my head as my eyes darted for the source of the voice that woke me up. My eyes landed to my mother who was tapping her feet impatiently. 

"Do you know what time it is?" My mother questioned.

"Morning." I drawled.

"No." She answered back no trace of amusement on her face. "It's eight o'clock," I groaned in return. “Shall I repeat myself Alice? It is eight o’clock on a Monday morning.”

My eyes widened as my head snapped over to my alarm clock resting on the side table beside me. “Why didn’t you wake me?” I questioned frantically.