Chapter Three: First Day, Bad Impression

"Miss Alice, it is time to get up," I heard someone say, shaking me.

I groaned, "What time is it?" I said, my voice coming out hoarse.

"It's time to get up Miss Alice. You don't want to be late for your first day of school, do you?" I heard Melinda my house cleaner say.

"Do I have to?" I said, my words muffled by my pillow.

"Yes. Now let us go. Your mother and father both left for Russia this morning, so that means that I am in charge of you and Thomas, and I don't want to make a bad impression." She stated.

"All I heard was that mom and dad are gone and Alice is allowed to sleep."

She yanked the covers off of my now cold body. "I did not say that, and I don't think I was the one who was begging my parents to go to school," She said, glaring at me.

"If I knew that I would have to get up this early, I wouldn't have asked to go." I said, swinging my legs off of my bed and walking towards the bathroom.

As soon as I got in there, I looked into the mirror and my hair looked like a crow’s nest. I sighed as I tried to tame it, and when that did not work out, I gave up and proceeded to brush my teeth. When I came out of the bathroom Melinda was standing by my closet holding clothes in her arms.

I raised my eyebrows at her, "Holly called and told me exactly what to lay out for you to wear. She also wanted me to tell you ‘If you don't wear these clothes, I will personally rip your limbs off part by part, and dress you myself.’"

My eyes widened, "She said that?" I exclaimed.

Melinda chuckled. "No, I just wanted to see your reaction. She said, ‘you better wear these clothes...or else.’" She smiled amused, at my reaction and then left my room.

I stared at her retreating body. Melinda was like fifty years old, but had the brains of a teenager. I shook my head at the thought of Holly ripping my limbs apart. I then picked up the clothes Holly picked out for me to wear. It was a pair of blue skinny jeans and a white muscle tank with the infinity sign on it.

I smiled at the outfit, she had picked out. It was casual, yet cute. I quickly began to put my clothes on, as I tried to multitask and braid my hair.

I really wish my parents were here for my first day of school.

"Alice! You have ten seconds to get downstairs! Ben is here!" I heard, Melinda scream from down the hall.

Did I forget to mention that Ben is not only my bodyguard, but my driver as well?

"I am coming!" I screamed, back.

If mom and dad found out that we were screaming, they would have had our heads. One of the rules of the house was that there was no screaming allowed. If you needed someone or had a question, you were go to the person directly. You were not to be lazy and just yell. But, since the parents weren’t in the country and Thomas and I were now with Vice President Robert, or Uncle Robbie, as Thomas and I called him the rules were different.

When I arrived in the dining room for breakfast, Uncle Robbie was in his bathrobe, eating a bowl of cereal. I stopped dead in my tracks and slapped my hands over my eyes, "My eyes!" I yelled, sarcastically.

I heard him chuckle. "Ha-ha you’re a comedian, Alice," He said, his mouth full of cereal.

“And you eat worse than Thomas,” I said, shuddering, as he opened his mouth to show me his chewed up food.