Seventy.

When Lauren sits up and rubs at her eyes, the first thing she notices is Dash cuddled up on her bed next to her. She smiles, because she loves cuddling Dash, even though he's not really supposed to be on her bed – she has a little makeshift basket for him by the side of her bed – but she's not going to tell him off. It's her dad's rule anyway, so she'll just put him on the floor if she hears someone coming up the stairs.

She reaches over and pets her puppy, smiling to herself. "Morning, Dash. I'm nineteen today."

Dash wags his tail, and Lauren beams, because she thinks Dash understands her. He's really smart, just like her, and she's taught him loads of tricks.

After a few moments of stroking Dash's fur, she hears footsteps coming up the stairs and puts him back on his makeshift basket, sending her mom an innocent smile when she walks into the room with a tray.

"Hi, mami," Lauren greets her, sitting up. "Dash knows it's my birthday, he's really smart."

"Happy birthday, sweetheart," Clara smiles at her, passing her the tray. "Your papi made breakfast for you, bacon and eggs just how you like them. You'll find a card there, too."

Lauren frowns, and tucked under her plate is a small envelope. "Is this my birthday present from you?"

"No," Clara shakes her head, "your cards and presents are in the lounge. This is something from Camila. She told me to give it to you when she left this morning."

Lauren blinks in surprise, and when she looks around, she realises that Camila isn't here, but she'd stayed over last night. "Why'd she leave? Did she forget it's my birthday? I- I wanted to spend time with her today, why would she leave?"

"The card will explain that," Clara smiles, "I think you'll enjoy what she has planned."

Lauren digs her finger under the opening and slides the card out. As she reads the quick note, she frowns even more.

Happy birthday, Lolo lion!

You're probably wondering why I'm not waking you up with my annoyingly bad jokes today, and that's because you're going on a little scavenger hunt for your present. There's six more clues for you to find at different locations across Miami, and the last one will lead you to me.

Here's your clue – Back before we were dating, which place did you get the courage to ask me out?

(Don't worry the clues aren't weird and figurative because I literally would be at the last location for a decade.)

Anyway, good luck!

Love, Camila.

"But..." Lauren frowns. "She got it wrong. Because I asked her out here. After I got my wisdom teeth out."

"I think she meant something different," Clara sends her a teasing smile, "when did you start liking her?"

"After her first few weeks at school." Lauren answers, before her eyes widen and she smiles to herself. "School! I tried asking her to homecoming but we got interrupted, and I did that on the way to music class, but school is closed now because it's summer, so it can't be that."

"Maybe someone is waiting outside." Clara hints. "Let me know when you finish your breakfast and I'll drive you there."

Lauren frowns to herself, but pulls herself out of bed and heads over to her closet. She gets out of her Simba onesie and changes into a sweater and jeans, not bothering to brush her hair. She finishes the breakfast her dad made her, and then heads downstairs, Dash following at her heels.