Forty Eight.

"Hey, big head," Camila smirks as Lauren opens the front door, "ready to go to the zoo?"

Lauren pouts at her and Camila feels her heart melt like candle wax. "Don't call me big head."

Camila kisses her and threads their fingers together as she pulls Lauren out of her house. "Fine. I now christen you... chapped lips."

Lauren frowns when Camila draws a little cross on the centre of her forehead, nearly knocking her hat off her head. "You're mean. Pick on- um, someone your own size."

"You're bigger than my size. You should be able to handle yourself, Lauren Michelle," Camila kisses her cheek and sends her a teasing smile. "So, what's with your ugly train conductor hat?"

"It's not- it's not a train conductor hat," Lauren scowls at her and pushes her hat further onto her head. "And it's not ugly either. I like it. Mani- um, Mani made fun of it too, when I tried it on in the store, but I like it so I'm going to wear it and I don't care if you don't."

Camila smiles at Lauren's mini rant as her girlfriend buckles her seatbelt. "But... why did Mani let you buy it? Like... no offence. But it's ugly."

"But I like it." Lauren folds her arms across her chest and lets out an exasperated sigh. "You just- I bought it because I like it. And you're not the one wearing it, and it's not ugly. I love my hat."

Camila stares at Lauren for a moment and lets out a small sigh, eventually deciding that if her girlfriend wants to wander around the zoo all day looking like Postman Pat, then she might as well let her.

"Fine." Camila says as she starts the car. "You can wear your ugly hat."

Lauren mutters something that sounds a whole lot like, "It's not ugly, stupid head," but before Camila can comment, she's already talking about something else. "I'm excited to see the jaguars. Because we- because we couldn't see them at Disney, but- I can't wait- lions and tigers- also, they have- they-"

"Lo?" Camila raises an eyebrow. "Slow down, babe. One thing at a time."

"Oh, um," Lauren bites down on her lip and nods, "yes, I- well, I'm excited for lions the most, because I really love lions, but they have- they have a whole pride. The lioness is really cool, her name is Kashifa. And she has five cubs, but one is adopted from her sister. Isn't that really sweet?"

"Adorable," Camila says, but she's not entirely sure she's talking about the lions. "What's the male of the pride called?"

"Oh, um, Jabari." Lauren answers quickly. "I'll point them all out, I promise. I don't know much about the tigers and jaguars and leopards and cheetahs they have though."

"Can't believe you don't know anything about the jaguars," Camila comments, "you're Lauren Jaguar, after all."

Lauren blushes. "Yes. But- um, I am excited to learn about them. I love going to zoos."

"I would've taken you to one earlier if you'd asked," Camila replies, "I like zoos too. They have a really relaxed atmosphere, you know?"

"No, not really," Lauren shakes her head, frowning to herself, "do you ever think that you'll want children?"

Camila's heart practically stops at the question, because she hadn't been expecting Lauren to ask something like that. "Um... well, I can't say I've thought about it. Why?"

"Well, I don't- um, I don't ever want kids," Lauren says, looking at her with wide eyes, "and sometimes that kind of thing breaks people up, like on Friends, Monica breaks up with Richard because he doesn't want kids. But I don't want to lose you over a non-existent baby."